Grab Launches Donation Campaign to Support Medical Care for Children at the Kantha Bopha Children’s Hospitals
- Between mid-February to mid-April, Grab will donate US$1 from every ride taken with promo code KANTHA to the Kantha Bopha Foundation to support children in need
- Partnership demonstrates Grab’s ongoing commitment to improving lives, giving back during the Chinese and Khmer New Year
- The donated amount will be given to the hospitals to support medical treatments and care for children
Phnom Penh, February 12th, 2018 – Grab, Southeast Asia’s leading on-demand transportation and mobile payments platform, today announced a donation campaign in partnership with the Kantha Bopha Children’s Hospitals. From 12 February to 16 April, Grab will donate US$1 from every ride taken with promo code KANTHA to the Kantha Bopha Foundation. The collected funds will be used to support children in need of medical care. The launch of the donation campaign was made at the Kantha Bopha Children’s Hospitals, in the presence of H.E. Sun Chanthol, Senior Minister & Minister of Public Works & Transport and Dr. Denis Laurent, Deputy Director of Kantha Bopha Hospital.
“Grab’s mission is to improve lives through our technology platform.” said Mr. Wee Tang Yee, Country Head of Grab Cambodia. “As a locally-incorporated company, we are committed to supporting the long-term growth of the country and uplift livelihood of the Cambodian people. We believe in working together with local partners and stakeholders to drive positive change in their home countries, and across ASEAN. Kantha Bopha Children’s Hospitals is globally renowned for its dedication to help children in need. We are glad to be able to support the Hospitals’ noble mission through our donation campaign.”
Dr. Denis Laurent, Deputy Director of Kantha Bopha Hospitals said, “Every year a million children pass through our gates requiring medical attention. With support from partners like Grab, we are able to continue providing free medical treatment for children whose parents cannot afford it. We are heartened by Grab’s support and the company’s mission to improve lives of our people.”
Presiding over Grab’s announcement of support at the Hospital, H.E. Sun Chanthol, Senior Minister & Minister of Public Works & Transport said: “The Ministry of Public Works & Transport fully appreciates Grab as the first ride hailing firm in Cambodia to ascertain their commitment as a responsible corporate citizen in supporting the Kantha Bopha Hospitals. This noble corporate social responsibility campaign will benefit the Cambodian children in need of healthcare. The Ministry is looking forward to work closely with Grab for future similar good causes.”
Kantha Bopha Hospitals have been a safe haven for families who are not able to afford medical treatment for their children for decades. It has been the best option for underprivileged Cambodian children looking for reliable, good quality medical treatments. The hospitals have treated almost a million outpatient children and hospitalized over a hundred thousand of severely sick children in 2017.
To participate in the donation, Grab’s passengers can enter the promo code KANTHA when booking their Grab rides between 12th February and 16 April 2018, the last day of the Cambodia New Year. Grab will donate USD$1 from each ride to the Kantha Bopha Foundation.
For more information about Grab, please visit: https://www.grab.com/kh/
Media InquiriesContact the Grab media team
Follow us on Grab social channels
Grab StoriesExplore the ideas and people that define Grab
Engineering StoriesLearn more about our technology development
Ride Grab and cheer for the Cambodian national football team during their upcoming match against Malaysia this coming Monday, September 10th
Grab Announces US$2 Billion of Funds Raised in Current Financing Round
- OppenheimerFunds, Ping An Capital, Mirae Asset - Naver Asia Growth Fund, Cinda Sino-Rock Investment Management Company, All-Stars Investment, Vulcan Capital, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Macquarie Capital and other investors have joined Toyota in Grab’s current financing round
- The current financing round cements Grab’s aim to be the leading technology company in Southeast Asia
Grab unveils open platform strategy to build Southeast Asia’s First Everyday Superapp
- GrabPlatform is a suite of APIs for partners to integrate their services with Grab
- Grab will add more everyday services to the Grab app. GrabFresh, an on-demand grocery delivery service, will be launched in beta this month
- Grab as Everyday Superapp will come to life with new Grab interface. Services and information, relevant to exactly when you need it