#KitaVSCorona: Grab Perkuat Langkah untuk Memerangi COVID-19
Untuk memerangi pandemik COVID-19 dibutuhkan kolaborasi seluruh dunia, sedangkan bagi para lini terdepan Grab Indonesia dibutuhkan keberanian untuk bergabung dalam gerakan KitaVSCorona.
- Precautionary measures to safeguard the well-being of platform customers and partners across all Grab services
- Introduces contactless delivery for GrabFood & GrabExpress
Jakarta, March 18, 2020 – As of March 16 and instructed by President Jokowi, Indonesians are encouraged to work, study and pray at home. It takes the global society to fight COVID-19 pandemic together, it takes bravery for Grab Indonesia frontliners to join forces in #KitaVSCorona.
“Grab Indonesia’s driver-partners, merchant-partners and employees are banding together to fight the common enemy – the pandemic virus. #KitaVSCorona aims to spread positivity, build resilience, and empower Indonesians to work together to flatten the pandemic curve,” said Neneng Goenadi, Managing Director, Grab Indonesia.
“We are extremely grateful for our drivers and delivery-partners, our everyday heroes, for continuing to serve Indonesians in these trying times. We’ve put together additional precautionary measures as well as support packages to safeguard their health and well-being, and livelihoods,” added Neneng.
Grab Indonesia Pandemic Preparedness for COVID-19
Since the start of the COVID-19 outbreak in December, Grab Indonesia has been closely monitoring the situation and keeping our valued stakeholders updated on our response to COVID-19. At Grab, we put the health and safety of our users, driver-partners and merchant-partners at the heart of all that we do. Through effective social distancing measures, technology partnerships and education initiatives, we have put in place sturdy measures to limit the spread of the virus in Indonesia.
In these uncertain times, as the leading super app in Indonesia, we have a responsibility to ensure our services are kept running in a manner that lowers the risk of infection for all customers and partners we serve and support through our platform.
Practice Contactless Delivery, Be A Social Distancing Evangelist
As a safeguard for both consumers and delivery-partners, we have introduced Contactless Delivery to minimise contact between both parties. GrabFood & GrabExpress customers can follow Grab’s in-app guidance on contactless delivery, or follow three simple steps:
- Inform delivery-partners to drop off the order outside the door or at specific locations such as the building reception if allowed by the building management.
- Delivery-partners will place the order at the specified location, notify consumers of their arrival, and wait for them to pick up the order standing at least 2 meters away from the order.
- Consumers are encouraged to opt for cashless payment. If it is unavoidable to use cash, they can place the amount in an envelope and leave it where the food order is.
We have also implemented additional precautionary measures across all our GrabKitchen outlets in Jakarta, Bandung, Bali, Surabaya, and Medan:
- All staff at GrabKitchen, including merchant-partners’ staff will have their temperature taken daily before starting their shift
- All delivery-partners will have their temperature taken before collecting customers’ orders
- All merchant-partners will ensure that every food order is properly bagged before handing it over to delivery-partners in a contactless manner
Working hand-in-hand with businesses and government agencies to raise industry standards
GrabFood hopes to work with relevant government agencies and associations to implement additional precautionary measures across the food and beverage (F&B) industry, which will benefit the Indonesian people and businesses in the long-term.
For example, Grab is already working with all stakeholders in F&B to raise hygiene standards from food preparation to delivery. For merchant-partners, we have ramped up food hygiene education and created new guidelines recommending that they wear hair nets, surgical masks and hand gloves when preparing and handling food, practice frequent hand-washing of at least 20 seconds and disinfect their work surfaces before and after food preparation. Delivery-partners have also been advised to wash and sanitise their hands frequently, disinfect their food bags at regular intervals, and practice contactless delivery at all times.
The fight against COVID-19 will continue for a period of time. The GrabFood team is committed to helping merchants tide through this challenging period, and will work with them to leverage online channels to drive sales. As a start, merchants can sign up for the Self Pick-up” feature, which allows Grab users to order through the app, and pick up their orders when they are ready for collection, without having to wait in line. This feature is another way to help limit exposure to others.
Connecting people and businesses through GrabExpress
With more businesses implementing work from home policies, and more Indonesians staying in, we are expanding our GrabExpress, service coverage through our partnership with Ninja Xpress. Customers can access the Ninja Xpress on-demand delivery service in the Grab application with delivery coverage from Jabodetabek to Bali, Sumatra, Kalimantan, Maluku, Nusa Tenggara, Sulawesi and Papua at affordable rates.
Keeping communities healthy and fighting misinformation about COVID-19
GrabHealth powered by Good Doctor is offering free in-app health consultations to consumers, by Good Doctor’s medical professionals who have been trained by the DKI Jakarta Provincial Government Health Service to address questions around COVID-19. They can also purchase health products and vitamins or redeem supplements through GrabRewards. GrabHealth will also regularly share educational content with the public to help reduce the spread of COVID-19.
Protecting our everyday heroes and their livelihoods
Driver and delivery-partners are the backbone of our platform. Grab is putting together a GrabCare Package which will provide financial and medical assistance to them should they be placed on quarantine by public health authorities or be tested positive for the virus.
We have also put in place the following precautionary measures:
- GrabCar and GrabBike: A total of 100,000 masks are available for Grab’s active driver-partners, which can be collected at select train stations, GrabBike Lounge as well as redeemed through GrabBenefits.
Two-wheel partners and passengers can also collect face masks at four train stations (Stasiun Sudirman, Gondangdia, Manggarai & Tebet) between 7 AM and 10 AM. Hand sanitizer will also be provided across 11 GrabNow Shelters and three GrabBike Lounges. This will enable driver-partners to conveniently disinfect their bikes and delivery-bags throughout the day. GrabBike drivers have also been reminded to always wear clean helmets and gloves and stay healthy. GrabBike drivers can redeem GrabBenefits for discounts for jacket, helmet cleaning and vitamins.
- GrabWheels: All GrabWheels scooters are disinfected daily by our on-ground staff. We have also equipped them with hand sanitizers.
- GrabKios and GrabFood: Field officers visiting GrabKios and GrabFood partners will be equipped with hand sanitizers and masks. They will also be required to conduct daily temperature checks before visiting partners.
To better support our everyday heroes, we have activated our support channels such as Grab Safety Hotline, Grab Driver App Help Center, and Daily Online Forum to address any questions and to assist them immediately.
Grab Indonesia Office Policy
Here at Grab Indonesia, our staff’s health and safety is also a priority. We have put in place precautionary measures including:
- Mandating employees who are ill not to come to work
- Using disinfecting materials for cleaning of its premises
- Making available hand sanitizers at its premises
- Making it mandatory for employees to declare their travel history declaration
- Providing face masks to all front-liners that are of higher risk
We urge consumers, delivery-partners and merchant-partners to continue to look out for one another by staying vigilant and adopting good hygiene practices. We will leverage KitaVSCorona platform to ensure Indonesians receive up-to-date and reliable COVID-19 information to safeguard community health and well-being.
Media InquiriesContact the Grab media team
Follow us on Grab social channels
Inside GrabExplore Grab’s official blog
Engineering StoriesLearn more about our technology development
Grab Beta Launches GrabRewards to Make Rides Even More Rewarding
Grab today unveiled GrabRewards, Southeast Asia’s first regional loyalty programme for ride-hailing passengers, capping off a successful year for Southeast Asia’s leading ride-hailing company.
Grab Launches In-app Instant Messaging Service GrabChat for Ride-hailing across Southeast Asia
Grab today announced the availability of GrabChat, an instant messaging platform built within the app, across all its locations in Southeast Asia to provide a more seamless and speedier pickup to drivers and passengers.