Grab Partners Ministry of Tourism to Showcase Wonderful Indonesia
Grab, the leading O2O mobile platform in Southeast Asia, today launched the #JelajahIndonesiaLebihDekat (#ExploreIndonesiaCloser) campaign, in partnership with Ministry of Tourism of the Republic of Indonesia.
- Part of the Smart Tourism strategy, Grab will provide 17 million tourists with safe and convenient travel, local insights, and recommendations
- Grab will promote ‘Wonderful Indonesia’ and Indonesia’s top tourism destinations to over 125 million Grab users across 8 Southeast Asian countries
- Grab will roll out multiple initiatives and benefits for tourists, including Rent a GrabCar, driver-partners certification as tour guides, and facilities at tourist destinations
Jakarta, 26 October 2018 – Grab, the leading O2O mobile platform in Southeast Asia, today launched the #JelajahIndonesiaLebihDekat (#ExploreIndonesiaCloser) campaign, in partnership with Ministry of Tourism of the Republic of Indonesia. As the government’s mobile platform partner, Grab will provide safe and convenient travel to 17 million foreign tourists this year, and promote the country’s top tourism destinations to more than 125 million Grab users in 8 countries in Southeast Asia. This follows the memorandum of understanding between Grab and the Ministry of Tourism that was signed last September, to introduce Smart Tourism in support of the ‘Wonderful Indonesia’ campaign.
The launch event was held at Soekarno-Hatta International Airport, the country’s entry gateway for inbound tourists, and attended by Arief Yahya, Minister of Tourism Republic of Indonesia; Priyantoro Rudito, Chairman II Co-branding Team Ministry of Tourism Republic of Indonesia; Ridzki Kramadibrata, Managing Director of Grab Indonesia and Muhammad Awaluddin, President Director of PT Angkasapura II, as well as strategic tourism partners.
“Digital advances play an important role to promote our tourism sector. Therefore, we are delighted to partner with Grab on our Smart Tourism strategy for the ‘Wonderful Indonesia’ campaign , and provide a seamless digital experience for tourists at our airports and leading destinations in Indonesia. We hope this collaboration will help us realise our target to bring in 17 million international tourists this year and 20 million international tourists in 2019,” said Arief Yahya, Minister of Tourism Republic of Indonesia.
“We are grateful for the Ministry of Tourism’s trust and support towards Grab, and are honoured to play our role to showcase the best of Indonesia to tourists and offer an easy travel experience. As proud sponsors of this year’s Asian Games, we’ve seen first-hand how Indonesian hospitality impresses visitors to our country, and we look forward to doing even more to improve the tourist experience with easy transport, local recommendations and other tourist perks. The strategic partnership with the Ministry of Tourism of The Republic of Indonesia highlights Grab’s commitment for Indonesia and is an extension of our ‘Grab 4 Indonesia’ master plan 2020,” said Ridzki Kramadibrata, Managing Director, Grab Indonesia.
In support of the ‘Wonderful Indonesia’ campaign, Grab will offer ‘Smart Tourism’ initiatives to provide a more value-added experience for millions of domestic and foreign tourists.
Travel around Indonesia safely and conveniently
- Tourists can Rent a GrabCar if they prefer to book a car for a few hours, so that they can travel easily to and from famous tourist destinations. The Rent service is available in Jakarta, Bandung, Yogyakarta, Bali, Surabaya, Manado and Makassar.
- Tourists can book a car easily at official Grab booths once they land at Soekarno- Hatta International Airport (Tangerang), Halim Perdana Kusuma International
Airport (Jakarta), Husein Sastranegara International Airport (Bandung), and Sultan Mahmud Badaruddin II International Airport (Palembang).
- The GrabChat feature (Grab’s in-app instant messaging) helps to reduce any language barriers by automatically translating messages sent between users and driver-partners.
Get local recommendations
- Selected Rent a GrabCar drivers will receive training to be tour guides, and will obtain ‘Wonderful Indonesia’ certification from the Ministry of Tourists can now enjoy safe and convenient rides while learning more about the rich culture and heritage of Indonesia from certified driver-partners.
- Tourists can find restaurant recommendations and try signature local cuisines with GrabFood, and read reviews and information about Indonesia’s top cultural and tourism attractions through the daily news feed, available directly on the Grab
Enjoy additional benefits at tourist attractions
- Users can redeem GrabRewards loyalty points in the ‘Travel’ category for benefits, such as GarudaMiles from Garuda Indonesia and also Joumpa Airport
- Through the Ministry of Tourism’s Hot Deals promotion program, Singaporean and Malaysian tourists can enjoy special prices when they order a Rent a GrabCar service within selected cities in
- Various digital facilities have been specially arranged for tourists including lounges, tourist information centres, charging stations, free WiFi, and also rest areas for driver-partners in selected tourist destinations. Grab has partnered with several tourist attractions in Indonesia including Borobudur and Prambanan Temple, Jatim Park Group, Istana Maimun Medan and Garuda Wisnu Kencana
Grab provides the widest range of services in Southeast Asia, spanning 235 cities across 8 countries, with more than 125 million users. In Indonesia, Grab operates in 137 cities from Sabang to Merauke. In line with its everyday superapp vision and open platform strategy, Grab currently provides a variety of services to meet the daily needs of Indonesian, ranging from two-wheeled and four-wheeled transportation services, courier service, digital payments, to food, goods, and groceries delivery services.
Media InquiriesContact the Grab media team
Follow us on Grab social channels
Inside GrabExplore Grab’s official blog
Engineering StoriesLearn more about our technology development
Grab Beta Launches GrabRewards to Make Rides Even More Rewarding
Grab today unveiled GrabRewards, Southeast Asia’s first regional loyalty programme for ride-hailing passengers, capping off a successful year for Southeast Asia’s leading ride-hailing company.
Grab Launches In-app Instant Messaging Service GrabChat for Ride-hailing across Southeast Asia
Grab today announced the availability of GrabChat, an instant messaging platform built within the app, across all its locations in Southeast Asia to provide a more seamless and speedier pickup to drivers and passengers.