Grab Expands ‘JustGrab’ Service to Bangkok and Khon Kaen for faster passenger bookings
- Tapping on Grab’s largest ride-hailing vehicle network in Thailand, JustGrab service brings together GrabTaxi and GrabCar vehicles to give commuters the closest available ride, shorter waiting times and larger number of vehicles readily available
- Commuters can enjoy shorter waiting time for rides, and drivers can benefit from more passenger bookings and higher income
- Now available in Bangkok and Khon Kaen after the successful June 2017 launch in Nakhon Ratchasima (Korat),Udon Thani and Ubon Ratchathani
Grab, Southeast Asia’s leading on-demand transportation and mobile payments platform, today announced the expansion of its JustGrab service to Bangkok and Khon Kaen, following the successful launch in Nakhon Ratchasima (Korat), Udon Thani and Ubon Ratchathani provinces in June 2017. Grab is the first to launch this new and innovative service which combines GrabTaxi and GrabCar vehicles to offer the largest supply of on-demand vehicles for passengers in Thailand.
With increased vehicle supply, Grab passengers can now experience shorter waiting time for rides. Passengers’ trip fares are also reflected upfront on the booking screen, giving them full knowledge and certainty of their trip fares before they make their bookings. Grab taxi driver-partners also now have an additional income avenue on top of street-hails and regular taxi bookings.
First piloted in Singapore four months ago, JustGrab has been well-received by passengers and driver-partners. Today, JustGrab passengers in Singapore enjoy an average estimated waiting time of 3.2 minutes.Taxi driver-partners on JustGrab are also earning higher incomes, with a 30% increase in ride bookings.
Mr. Yee Wee Tang, Country Head of Grab Thailand, said, “During rush hours in urban cities like Bangkok, many people are pressed for time and want to get from point to point usingthe fastest possible option. JustGrab helps our passengers get a ride quicker by breaking the boundaries between taxis and private-hire cars on the Grab platform with just one tap. Grab already operates the largest taxi-driver network in the country and JustGrab now brings the nearest available ride to you. The pooling of taxi and car supply also improves the efficiency of urban transportation while offering our driver-partners additional income opportunities from a larger passenger base.”
With JustGrab, passengers need only tap a button to find the nearest taxi and car within their vicinity. The JustGrab fleet comprises all GrabTaxi and GrabCar driver-partners to offer the following benefits:
- Shorter waiting time: Access to the largest network of vehicles shortens the waiting time for passengers. JustGrab finds passengers the nearest available taxi or private-hire car ride within the vicinity.
- Price transparency: Fares are displayed upfront on the booking screen whether it is a GrabTaxi or GrabCar. Passengers are aware of their trip fares before making their bookings.
- More travel options at different price points: JustGrab complements Grab’s existing GrabTaxi and GrabCar services to offer commuters another point-to-point on-demand travel option. Commuters who prefer metered fares can continue to use GrabTaxi, while those who prefer private-hire cars can go for GrabCar. Commuters who want to start the ride fast regardless of vehicle type will choose JustGrab.
The newly-launched ‘JustGrab’ service in Bangkok, Khon Kaen and Chiang Mai is now available for selected GrabRewards Platinum and Gold membership passengers. The service will be available to all passengers starting 1 September 2017. To celebrate the launch, passengers who ride with JustGrab and pay with GrabPay during 1 September to 30 November 2017 will also get up to 8 times GrabRewards points.
Media InquiriesContact the Grab media team
Follow us on Grab social channels
Inside GrabExplore Grab’s official blog
Engineering StoriesLearn more about our technology development
GET REWARDED JUST FOR USING US
What is GrabRewards? GrabRewards is our flagship loyalty program and we’re excited that it’s going into beta testing. We can’t […]
GrabChat. The first instant messaging feature in a ride-hailing app!
GrabChat is our new instant messaging platform within Grab. It’s a seamless form of in-app communication between you & your […]