Grab Partners with Tourism Authority of Thailand to Launch ‘Grab Xi’ Local Tourism Campaign
- Thai travelers are invited to experience 25 community Attractions in 5 cities with free rides, with Special discounts of up to 150-250 baht, unlimited rides are on offer from today - 30 September 2018
- The strategic partnership between Grab and TAT is another step towards Grab’s mission to improve the livelihood of the people and promote sustainable income for local communities
Bangkok, 20 September 2018 – Grab recently announced a strategic partnership with the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) to promote local tourism under the campaign ‘Grab Xi’’, designed to offer Grab’s users an authentic, local travel experience in 25 local community attractions in 5 cities for free. Travelers can apply special promo codes given to receive special discounts up to 150-250 baht off, unlimited rides. The local tourism promotion campaign from Grab x TAT starts now until 30 September 2018, covering emerging community attractions in Bangkok, Pattaya, Phuket, Krabi and Surat Thani (Samui). This partnership is another step towards Grab’s mission to improve the livelihood of the people and promote sustainable income for local communities.
Tarin Thaniyavarn, Country Head of Grab Thailand, said “We are proud to announce this partnership with the Tourism Authority of Thailand to help promote domestic travels especially within local communities from the 5 provinces in the ‘Grab Xi’ campaign. While these destinations are already welcoming a large number of tourists every year, the ‘Grab Xi’ campaign will not only open doors to even more opportunities for the local communities with their unique charms but will also distribute income to the local people. This initiative forms part of Grab’s continued effort to improve the livelihood of the community and support income increase for sustainable growth. We hope to be able to expand this campaign to other provinces in the near future.”
“To support the growth of domestic travel sector, the Tourism Authority of Thailand focuses on encouraging Thai travelers to visit local attractions. The initiative to promote these emerging destinations is one of our strategy to drive the economy, and tourism income – recognised as a major contributor to grassroots economies. To bring our strategic vision to life, an efficient transportation system is essential to the infrastructure required to ensure tangible growth for local tourism sector, as it provides travelers with convenience and ease. Through this partnership under the ‘Grab Xi’ campaign, we integrated our effort with Grab to provide travelers with authentic local experience,” said Noppadon Pakprot, Deputy Governor, Tourism Authority of Thailand.
Travelers can participate in the Grab Xi campaign by selecting their destination as ‘TAT x Grab’ then choose the listed local destination in their province and add the promo code. For participating local community attractions in Bangkok and Pattaya, use the promo code ‘AMAZING’ to get a maximum of 150-baht discount per ride only for GrabTaxi. For Phuket, Krabi and Samui, use the promo code ‘THAITAY’ to get 250-baht maximum discount per ride for Grab ride services. The promo codes can be used for unlimited rides throughout the campaign from today until 30 September 2018.
For more information about ‘Grab Xi’ campaign, visit https://www.grab.com/th/blog/tatxgrab/ or Grab Thailand Facebook Page at https://www.facebook.com/GrabTH or call Grab Call Center at 02-021-2500.
- Only applicable for the participating cities and local attractions.
- Local attractions are as follow:
- Bangkok – Kudi Chin Community, Talat Noi, Baan Bart Community Village, Baan Bu Bronzework Community, Bang Kachao. Use the promo code ‘AMAZING’ to get a maximum of 150-baht discount per ride, only for GrabTaxi.
- Pattaya – Pattaya Floating Market, Baan Chakngeaw Chinese Market, Na Kluea 100-Year Market, The Sanctuary Of Truth and Khao Phra Tamnak. Use the promo code ‘AMAZING’ to get a maximum of 150-baht discount per ride, only for GrabTaxi.
- Phuket – Thalang Cultural Village:Baan Kanaen , Ko Sirey Community, Phuket Old Town, Agritourism at Bang Rong and Mai Khao Beach. Use the promo code ‘THAITAY to get a maximum of 250-baht discount per ride, for Grab ride services.
- Krabi – Krabi Walking Street, Khao Khanab Nam Caves, Ko Klang Baan Nateen Community and Tiger Cave Temple. Use the promo code ‘THAITAY to get a maximum of 250-baht discount per ride, for Grab ride service.
- Samui – Wat Khunaram, Dusit Dhewa, Big Buddha Temple, Ko Fan, Wat Lamai Folklore Museum and Fisherman’s Village. Use the promo code ‘THAITAY to get a maximum of 250-baht discount per ride, for Grab ride service.
Media InquiriesContact the Grab media team
Follow us on Grab social channels
Inside GrabExplore Grab’s official blog
Engineering StoriesLearn more about our technology development
GET REWARDED JUST FOR USING US
What is GrabRewards? GrabRewards is our flagship loyalty program and we’re excited that it’s going into beta testing. We can’t […]
GrabChat. The first instant messaging feature in a ride-hailing app!
GrabChat is our new instant messaging platform within Grab. It’s a seamless form of in-app communication between you & your […]