Grab Signs Memorandum of Understanding with Cambodia’s Anti-Corruption Unit (ACU)
- Southeast Asia’s homegrown ride-hailing app is the first in the industry to sign agreement with the Anti-Corruption Unit (ACU)
- MoU signing with ACU underlines Grab’s commitment in adhering to stringent business ethics to build trust in the community, and committing to the long term development of Cambodia
Grab, Southeast Asia’s leading on-demand transportation platform recently signed a memorandum of understanding with Cambodia’s Anti-Corruption Unit (ACU) in Phnom Penh, confirming the company’s commitment to good governance, strict compliance and highest standards of operations in Cambodia. Under this MoU, Grab and ACU will develop and strengthen the collaborative efforts to build a transparency culture so to prevent and combat corruption through effective cooperation between the parties.
“We are honored that the ACU has agreed for Grab to sign this MOU today”, said Wee Tang Yee, country head for Cambodia and Thailand at the signing ceremony. “As Southeast Asia’s homegrown ride-hailing company, Grab places great importance to strict adherence to good governance and transparency in the way we manage our operations in all the 8 markets and 168 cities in ASEAN that we are in,” he said. “Regionwide, Grab is also well-recognized for our good corporate citizenship and record of compliance in all countries it operates. We believe that companies must contribute responsibly to the countries in which we operate and encourage other companies in the technology industry to do the same. This MoU signing with ACU underlines our commitment to adhering to stringent business ethics in order to build trust in the community, and committing to the long term development of the countries in which we operate in.”
H.E. Keang Seng, Vice President of the ACU, presided over the signing ceremony, which was attended by ACU officials, Grab’s executive members and the press.
Senior Minister OM Yentieng, Head of Anti-Corruption Unit of the Royal Government of the Kingdom of Cambodia said, “Transparency can only be ascertained through our own hard work and ACU sees the importance of the private sector as an essential partner to combat corruption.”
Following its widely publicized media launch on December 19th in Phnom Penh in presence of H.E. Sun Chanthol, Senior Minister and Minister of Public Works and Transport (MPWT), Grab is now moving fast to expand its footprint in the Cambodian capital, to support the ongoing improvement of traffic flows and the reduction of accident rates. During the official launch, a first MoU has been signed with the MPWT in which Grab commits to supporting the Royal Cambodian Government and the MPWT in improving traffic by sharing its data and expertise.
“We are most delighted to be given the opportunity to express our strong commitment to this exciting growth market and to operating in the most professional and compliant manner. We hope the collaboration between Grab and the ACU will be helpful for both sides, and we stand by the spirit of the MoU we entered today,” concluded Mr. Yee.
Media InquiriesContact the Grab media team
Follow us on Grab social channels
Grab StoriesExplore the ideas and people that define Grab
Engineering StoriesLearn more about our technology development
Grab Announces US$2 Billion of Funds Raised in Current Financing Round
- OppenheimerFunds, Ping An Capital, Mirae Asset - Naver Asia Growth Fund, Cinda Sino-Rock Investment Management Company, All-Stars Investment, Vulcan Capital, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Macquarie Capital and other investors have joined Toyota in Grab’s current financing round
- The current financing round cements Grab’s aim to be the leading technology company in Southeast Asia
Grab unveils open platform strategy to build Southeast Asia’s First Everyday Superapp
- GrabPlatform is a suite of APIs for partners to integrate their services with Grab
- Grab will add more everyday services to the Grab app. GrabFresh, an on-demand grocery delivery service, will be launched in beta this month
- Grab as Everyday Superapp will come to life with new Grab interface. Services and information, relevant to exactly when you need it
Grab Launches GrabRemorque Beta In Phnom Penh For Hyperlocal Travel Experiences And To Increase Digital Market Inclusion for Remorque Drivers
- Grab continues to localize transport services, offering passengers more travel options
- Cooperation with Royal Cambodian Government to improve traffic and commuting
- The new service will help remorque driver-partners move into the digital economy