Travel smart to your destination
Try e-scooters for free at Uptown Bonifacio Mall for a limited time only!
There’s now an easy way 2 wheel.
Ride through town with GrabWheels’ eScooters.
Download our new GrabWheels app from the App Store or Google Play
Log in with your Grab ID and link your GrabPay account
Use the in-app map to find nearby eScooters
Simply scan to unlock eScooter
After your ride, end your trip at a GrabWheels parking spot
What is GrabWheels?
GrabWheels is a service that gives you access to electric scooters in Manila. Use GrabWheels to complete your commute to work, university, to the shop or just to feel a little breeze. GrabWheels currently offers free scooter rentals as part of our beta launch in Manila.
For the enjoyment of GrabWheels by other users, please use the e-scooters reasonably by returning it to the designated parking lot after riding.
Where can I find the e-scooters?
Open the GrabWheels app and the map will show you the nearest available scooters.
What are GrabWheels operating hours?
At beta, we will be operational from 6am to 8pm daily. Last rental at 7pm.
Police report will be made if you do not return the scooters at a designated GrabWheels parking spot within the day.
How much does a GrabWheels ride cost?
As part of our launch, we are offering free rides for a limited time only! Please note that as part of our beta launch, GrabWheels scooters may only be rented for a maximum of 2 hours.
Please note that you are responsible for the scooter during the rental period. You may be liable to police investigation and/or penalty charges if you fail to return the scooter within the 2 hour rental period.
How do I unlock an e-scooter?
Found a scooter? Follow these simple steps to start riding:
- Go to the nearest GrabWheels scooter parking spot (locate through the map in app)
- Deposit your government-issued ID to the Station Manager at the parking spot
- Ensure you have downloaded the GrabWheels app
- Scan the QR code on the right side of the scooter handlebar
- Do your battery and safety checks
- Enjoy your scooter ride!
- After your trip, return your scooter to the same parking spot and remember to retrieve your government-issued ID from the Station Manager.
Anything I should do before riding?
Before riding, do a quick check on the following (it’ll take less than a minute).
- Battery level
- Tap on the scooter from the app to check its battery level
- Test the brake by pressing the red button
- Turn it on when visibility is low by holding the button on the scooter display for 2 seconds
- Check that the kickstand is flipped up before moving off
- Check that there is nobody close to you before moving off
For your safety, you are encouraged to wear a helmet while riding a scooter.
How do I ride a GrabWheels e-scooter?
Riding is simple, and it’s easy too if you’ve used a kick scooter or bicycle before. Step-by-step instructions are below, but if you’re new to electric scooters, err on the side of caution while riding!
- Accelerate by kicking once and press the right green button
- Slow down or stop by pressing the foot brake (located above the back wheel) or the left red button
- Ring the bell if necessary to alert pedestrians
- When it gets dark, hold on the scooter button for 2 seconds to turn on the headlight
- Always stop and look out for vehicles at road junctions, and give way to pedestrians at all times
Start off slow and progressively increase your riding speed when it’s safe to do so.
Tips for a safe & enjoyable ride
Follow these rules when you ride with GrabWheels for a safe ride to your destination.
- Avoid riding scooters on roads
- Do not exceed 15 km/h
- Only 1 person on a scooter
- Max weight: 100kg
- Wear covered shoes
- Wear a helmet
- Do not ride under the influence of drugs, alcohol
- Keep your eyes on the road, not on your phone
- Dismount and push at crowded places or on wet, uneven, bumpy terrain
- Use the back brake to slow down when going downhill
- Ensure your headlights are on, and wear light colored clothing, especially when riding in the dark
- All our scooters must be parked at a GrabWheels parking spot after use
To make sure you have a wheel-y enjoyable ride, take note of these too:
- Maximum ride duration is 2 hours
- Low battery warning
- We will alert you when the battery is at a “low” level (15%) . Make your way to a parking spot now.
- Do not hoard the scooter
- It’s an offence to hoard our scooters. Share the love for GrabWheels. Don’t damage, destroy or tamper with the scooter in a manner that restricts other users from using it (e.g. adding another lock to the scooter or bringing the scooter to your living room).
How long can I rent a GrabWheels e-scooter for?
Maximum rental time is 2 hours, or when your scooter is low on battery (<15%), whichever is sooner. Remember to park and lock the scooter properly.