Grab, the leading super app in Southeast Asia, strengthens support for small-to-medium enterprises (SMEs) in the Philippines through the launch of NakakaLOKAL Festival, a campaign that brings together homegrown businesses and its super app services to celebrate the unique flavours and traditions of the Philippines.
In celebration of Buwan ng Wika this August, Grab steps up as a proud supporter and enabler of local SMEs in the Philippines through a month-long celebration of businesses that keep the Philippine culture alive. The NakakaLOKAL festival will run for the whole month in the Grab-app and during Fridays and Saturdays of August at the Central Square in Bonifacio Global City and The Market by Sugbo in Mandaue City, Cebu. Open publicly to all Grab users, the festival features a culinary and crafts adventure with GrabFood’s most popular home grown food brands and local businesses under GrabExpress’ roster.
Nakakalokal Festival will run for all Fridays and Saturdays of August at C1 Park in BGC . At the festival, visitors may embark on a culinary journey across the different islands of the Philippines. Enjoy food from our GrabFood partners and non-food items from our GrabExpress and GrabPay merchants! Get 15% off when you pay with GrabPay.
Consumers may enjoy the famous Aysees Sisig, a humble Karinderia that started in Mandaluyong, and the sweet and fragrant buko pandan of Nathaniels. They may also enjoy the tasty bacon silog of Ate Rica’s, the warm La Paz Batchoy of Liezl’s, the aromatic Vigan empanadas of Empanada Nation, the lugaw of Bulalugaw,, the localized shawarma of Uncle Moe’s, and the juicy sausages of Cow Wow’s. Each one offers a unique taste bud experience that will surely bring Filipino consumers down the memory lane.
#GrabNakakaLOKAL Festival also features Filipino craftsmen and businesses in partnership with Karton, an online shop that delivers an alternative platform for local entrepreneurs to sell their products while providing shoppers with a hassle-free online buying experience.
Consumers may buy Auro Chocolate made from cocoa beans directly sourced from local farming communities in Davao, Cavite’s famous skin care products from Natural Balance, and a wide selection of natural organic superfoods of Green Tummy. They may also purchase products from other proudly-Filipino enterprises such as Bebebalm, Kala Milk, and Foodsource.
As an added treat, GrabPay users can get a 15% discount on all food and Karton.ph concessionaires at the festival when they use GrabPay to pay so make sure to cash in to your GrabPay wallet to maximize these great deals.
The GoLokal Team of the Department of Trade and Industry also banners other Filipino crafted, designed, and produced products that span from different regions across the country.
To celebrate the introduction of the NakakaLOKAL Festival, Grab is also introducing NakakaLOKAL MVP, a featured in-app challenge for its users throughout August until the first week of September. The NakakaLOKAL MVP challenge include:
- For first time GrabPay users in Manila, Cebu, Pampanga: Get Php 100 cashback when they activate their GrabPay wallet and make at least one regular transaction with a minimum amount of P200 pesos on GrabCar, GrabExpress, in-store transaction via scan-to-pay, or online payments using GrabPay.
- For existing GrabPay Users in Manila, Cebu and Pampanga: Get Php 100 cashback when they do at least two regular transactions on GrabCar, GrabExpress, in-store transaction via scan-to-pay, or online payments worth at least P200 using GrabPay.
- For Grab users in Davao, Pampanga, Baguio, Iloilo, and Cagayan de Oro: Get a total of Php 60 pesos discount voucher when they do a total of 6 Grab rides with a min. fare of Php 150.
Users who complete the NakakaLOKAL MVP challenge will automatically qualify to exciting raffle promos such as:
- 3 winners of travel packages for Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao (including flight and hotel accommodation)
- 17 winners of 2 flights tickets each via Mabuhay Miles to any Philippine destination
- 50 winners of Good Shepherd Baguio Gift Set
- 50 winners of Lechon from Rico’s Lechon Cebu
- 50 winners of Auro Chocolates from Davao
- 1000 winners of Karton Gift Boxes with different featured products from its partner SMEs
- 150 winners of Unilab Malasakit Bundles
The NakakaLOKAL MVP challenge runs until September 8. Winners will be announced on the second week of September.
Grab users can also avail promos and deals from GrabFood and GrabRewards partner merchants!
GrabFood: P100.00 OFF (Minimum P650.00)
Famous Belgian Waffles
Hai Shin Lou (Cebu)
GrabFood: Free Delivery (Minimum P400.00)
Cold Layers Cafe
Bubble x Tea
KKD STK + BBQ (Cebu)
Oxford Brewing Co. (Cebu)
Hebrews Shebrews (Cebu)
Noy’s Yellow Chicken (Cebu)
GrabRewards: 99 Points Store
Grab users may exchange their points for items from SMEs at the Nakakalokal Bazaars in BGC and Cebu. They can also redeem discount vouchers and freebies from Bambuhay (free bamboo straws), Folded N Hung (20% off), Akaba (20%off), Gawad Kalinga (50%off on Believe Package) for 99 GrabRewards points.
The NakakaLOKAL Deals will run until September 8, 2019.
Per DTI-FTEB Permit No. 15397 Series of 2019