Grab for Business Takes Off in Myanmar
Yangon, Myanmar, 6 February 2018 –Grab, the leading on-demand transportation and mobile payments platform in Southeast Asia today announced the launch of Grab for Business in Myanmar. Available free of charge, Grab for Business offers companies a seamless and productive way […]
Yangon, Myanmar, 6 February 2018 –Grab, the leading on-demand transportation and mobile payments platform in Southeast Asia today announced the launch of Grab for Business in Myanmar. Available free of charge, Grab for Business offers companies a seamless and productive way to manage their employees’ transport spending. Tens of thousands of businesses across Southeast Asia are using Grab for Business today, including more than 50 companies in Myanmar that have signed up during the beta trial last November.
Grab for Business addresses the common problems faced by companies and employees in Myanmar when it comes to business travel such as not being able to keep track of employees’ rides, the lack of receipts, faded receipts, price haggling, price certainty and safety.
Rides booked with Grab can be tagged as “Business Rides” and assigned to corporate groups within the Grab app. All rides would be synced to the Grab for Business web portal, which is a single tool for businesses to organize and oversee employees’ travel. Features include:
- Companies can track and manage travel expenses by departments and project teams.
- Companies can provide flexible payment options for GrabTaxi rides to employees, including automatic charging to corporate credit cards, personal credit cards or cash.
- Companies can set and easily enforce ride policies to regulate when and where employees are allowed to claim for business travel, based on set locations, times and days.
- Companies can save time on administrative tasks by reducing paperwork as GrabTaxi rides booked through the Grab app will be automatically consolidated in the Grab for Business portal in real-time. This removes the usual pain points of manual processes, such as scanning hardcopy receipts and penning down trip details.
- Employees can access ride history online for easy claims.
The Grab for Business portal is also available for free to all Grab users, enabling them to:
- Separate business and personal rides effortlessly. GrabTaxi rides can be tagged as business or personal using the Grab app.
- Consolidate all receipts for easy reimbursement as employees can download e-receipts of all completed rides using the Grab for Business portal.
“Since the launch of Grab for Business in 2016, leading companies and organisations across Southeast Asia have trusted Grab to help manage their travel spending and streamline their claim process which in simple terms, allows them to reduce costs and increase productivity. Grab is glad to offer the Grab for Business solution to support Myanmar companies simplify business transportation for employees. As more people in Yangon use GrabTaxi in Yangon for their daily transportation, Grab for Business is ideal for companies to manage their employees’ business trips. We have already seen a positive uptake for Grab for Business among companies based in Yangon and as Grab continues to expand its footprint and services in Myanmar, the Grab for Business solution is the value-added service that we offer to companies to simplify business travel so they can focus on their core business”, said Amrt Sagar, Country Manager, Grab Myanmar.
Across the region, Grab for Business is used by private companies and government agencies of all sizes, from global-listed companies to multi-national organisations to small and medium-sized enterprises and startups. Companies that are using Grab for Business in Myanmar include JJ-Pun, City Properties and Premium Distribution.
“With the rise of technology, we can’t just rely on manual processes. Grab for Business brings benefits to our company as we are more organised when it comes to tracking the GrabTaxi rides of our employees, such as when they travel home after work. As we have many employees in our organisation, this service also brings cost savings to us as we reduce paperwork and time to collate all the taxi rides of our employees each month. With the click of a few buttons in the Grab for Business portal, we can see all of our employees’ rides instead of collating claim forms from each employee”, said Mr. Toru Shimoyama, Editor and Marketing Manager from Myanmar Japon, which has been using Grab for Business.
Grab for Business is available in eight countries, Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia Indonesia, Philippines, Vietnam, Cambodia and Myanmar. Companies in Myanmar looking to sign up for Grab for Business can contact Min Tun Hla Maw at 09 429956250 email@example.com.
Media InquiriesContact the Grab media team
Follow us on Grab social channels
Grab StoriesExplore the ideas and people that define Grab
Engineering StoriesLearn more about our technology development
Enhanced GrabRewards Offers Simplified Earning of Points, Fun Challenges and Greater Selection of Benefits
● Largest loyalty programme in Southeast Asia gamified to further engage users ● GrabRewards points will not expire as long as a Grab service is completed every 3 months ● New range of attractive products and services now available for redemption ● Exclusive discounts and high-value prizes as part of GrabRewards Wednesdays
Grab Honours its Top Driver-Partners in Safety and Performance
Appreciation event held in Yangon for 900 Grab driver-partners to recognise their commitment towards delivering high standards of service
Grab Partners with Leading Insurance Provider, Myanma Insurance, to Provide Personal Accident Coverage for Driver-Partners and Passengers
Grab, Southeast Asia's leading Offline-to-Online (O2O) platform, has partnered with Myanma Insurance, Myanmar’s leading insurance provider, for its group Personal Accident Insurance (PAI) scheme which covers driver-partners and passengers in the case of an unfortunate accident during a GrabTaxi, GrabThoneBane or GrabBike ride.