GrabFood launches in 12 new cities/provinces in Vietnam, becoming the fastest growing on-demand food delivery service in Vietnam
Vietnam, 23 January 2019 — Grab, Vietnam’s fastest-growing on-demand food delivery service, today announced the launch of GrabFood in 12 new cities/provinces. The new cities/provinces include Can Tho, Quang Ninh, Hai Phong, Hue (Thua Thien – Hue), Nha Trang (Khanh Hoa), Vung Tau (Ba Ria – Vung Tau), Binh Duong, Dong Nai, Da Lat (Lam Dong), Phan Thiet (Binh Thuan), Buon Ma Thuot (Dak Lak) and Hoi An (Quang Nam). With the expansion, Grabfood now serves 15 cities/provinces, bringing high-quality food delivery service to more Vietnamese consumers.
Since its official in Vietnam in June 2018, GrabFood has seen tremendous growth in app usage by consumers, merchants and delivery-partners, becoming the fastest-growing on-demand food delivery service in Vietnam:
- GrabFood orders increased 25 times over the past seven months.
- GrabFood is HCMC’s #1 food delivery brand. 54% of surveyed consumers voted GrabFood as their most often used brand among other food delivery players in HCMC as per the recent report by Kantar.
“We care about delivering our customers’ food orders fresh and fast and we’ve worked relentlessly hard to be our customers #1 food delivery app. Thanks to our large delivery-network, we’ve been able to reduce our average delivery time to just 20 minutes per order in central Ho Chi Minh city and Hanoi, making us the most efficient food delivery service in Vietnam. We are excited to launch GrabFood in 12 new provinces/cities and to work with merchant- and delivery-partners there to better satisfy consumers’ cravings.” said Demi Yu, Regional Head of GrabFood Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam and the Philippines.
The development of GrabFood not only strengthens Grab’s journey towards becoming the leading everyday super app that offers consumers the most essential daily services, but also opens up many opportunities for driver-partners and local food brands, through a “mutually-beneficial” ecosystem:
- Bringing more convenience to consumers’ daily life: Consumers can enjoy their favourite foods delivered fresh and with the highest-quality in 20 minutes on average. With no minimum order value, GrabFood satisfy all cravings no matter big or small. One of the unique features of GrabFood is “GrabFood Signatures”, an exclusive food and beverage menu co-created in partnership with strategic partners, sold only on GrabFood. Examples of GrabFood Signature menu include ‘Tam bao doan vien’ and ‘Uyen uong vong nguyet’ from Gong Cha. On average, one in ten consumers order a GrabFood Signature item every week, bringing added value to consumers and merchant-partners.
- Increasing earning potential for merchant-partners: As the leading everyday app, Grab serves one in five Vietnamese consumers every month. By providing an online platform for culinary brands to reach Grab’s large consumer base, GrabFood merchant-partners earn up to 300% more in incremental revenue within 2 to 3 months of being on the platform. As a result, GrabFood’s merchant base continue to grow rapidly, with 10 times more merchants on the platform since its official launch in June.
- Creating more income opportunities for driver-partners: According to Grab’s internal data, GrabBike driver-partners saw a 26% increase in income from delivering food and parcels.
“We believe that technology can unlock more values for everyone – consumers, merchants and drivers. Mutually-beneficial ecosystems like GrabFood not only brings greater convenience to consumers but also increases the earning potential for merchants and driver-partners. Grab is here for the long-term and is committed to driving economic growth and development of Vietnam.” said Jerry Lim, Country Head of Grab in Vietnam.
Delivering the best customer experience
Grab continues to innovate to provide the best experience for customers. All customers will receive GrabRewards points for every GrabFood order. GrabRewards points can be used to redeem deals from Grab and its partnering merchants. Soon, consumers in the 12 provinces will be be able to pay with GrabPay by Moca, making the GrabFood experience even more seamless and convenient.
Grab is one of the most frequently used O2O mobile platforms in Southeast Asia, providing everyday services that matter most to consumers. Today, the Grab app has been downloaded into over 130 million mobile devices, giving passengers access to over 8.5 million driver partner, merchant partner and agents. Currently, Grab offers the widest range of on-demand transport services in the region, in addition to food and package delivery services across 336 cities in 8 Southeast Asian countries. Grab’s food delivery service, GrabFood, is the only food delivery company operating across Malaysia, Singapore, Vietnam, Indonesia, Philippines and Thailand. Grab Financial increases access to cashless services for millions of Grab customers across Southeast Asia, and connects the underserved and unbanked population to financial services.
Media InquiriesContact the Grab media team
Follow us on Grab social channels
Grab StoriesExplore the ideas and people that define Grab
Engineering StoriesLearn more about our technology development
Grab ra mắt phiên bản thử nghiệm Chương Trình “GrabRewards” trên toàn Đông Nam Á
- Chương trình khách hàng thân thiết đầu tiên tại Đông Nam Á dành cho người dùng dịch vụ đặt xe qua ứng dụng trên điện thoại thông minh, triển khai tại tất cả các thành phố Grab hiện diện với 4 mức phân cấp: Bạch kim, Vàng, Bạc và Phổ thông
- Người dùng Grab được tự động cộng điểm thưởng khi đặt xe của các dịch vụ GrabBkie, GrabCar và GrabTaxi
- Điểm thưởng có thể được quy đổi thành các chuyến xe miễn phí hoặc ưu đãi giá cước, và dùng quy đổi các khuyến mãi của chương trình “GrabRewards”
Grab ra mắt GrabChat: Ứng dụng đặt xe đầu tiên tích hợp tính năng nhắn tin miễn phí!
GrabChat là tính năng gửi tin nhắn nhanh chóng được tích hợp trong ứng dụng Grab. Tính năng này giúp […]