Grab Launches GrabShare in Yangon, the First Ever On-demand Carpooling Service in Myanmar
Introducing Myanmar’s first carpool service that enables passengers to share a ride and share the fare Enjoy more affordable rides with up to 20 percent cheaper fares compared to GrabTaxi Grab’s driver-partners to enjoy more earnings through higher productivity
- Introducing Myanmar’s first carpool service that enables passengers to share a ride and share the fare
- Enjoy more affordable rides with up to 20 percent cheaper fares compared to GrabTaxi
- Grab’s driver-partners to enjoy more earnings through higher productivity
Yangon, Myanmar, 31 July 2018 – Grab, Southeast Asia’s leading online-to-offline (O2O) mobile platform, has launched GrabShare, the first on-demand carpooling service to launch in Myanmar. GrabShare offers passengers a smart new way to commute in Yangon and will play a role in reducing traffic congestion in the city. By encouraging passengers to share their GrabTaxi rides, GrabShare will match multiple passengers heading in the same direction to the same driver, allowing trips to be completed simultaneously.
Daily commuters in Yangon continue to experience traffic congestion, especially during the ongoing rainy season, with 30 percent spending more than three hours a day or 45 days per year just on travelling alone. With GrabShare, passengers’ demands for rides can be met more efficiently with the existing GrabTaxi supply, helping to reduce the number of cars on the road. Passengers will also enjoy more affordable fares, with a slightly longer trip time, by sharing the ride with fellow passengers heading in the same direction.
For driver-partners, GrabShare focuses on maximising potential earnings by enabling drivers to complete more jobs for a similar amount of fuel and time spent on the road.
The multiple benefits that GrabShare brings include:
- The service alleviates road congestion and carbon emissions
- Passengers can make new friends while taking a safe, comfortable and fixed fare ride
- Passengers enjoy cheaper GrabTaxi fares by up to 20 percent
- Grab driver-partners will get to earn more and improve their livelihoods
Said Alvin Loh, Acting Country Manager of Grab Myanmar, “Carpooling is instrumental to improving Yangon’s transportation sector and achieving our most important goals: to help cities travel smarter, to make transportation more accessible for our passengers, and to improve the lives of our driver-partners. With GrabShare, we are making the everyday commute of people in Yangon even more cost-efficient, while providing drivers the opportunity to earn more income by completing two or more bookings in one trip.
How GrabShare Works
A passenger can select to take a GrabShare ride in the Grab mobile app. GrabShare allows a passenger to carpool with one other party headed in the same direction. Booking steps:
1) Carefully select your pick-up point, so your driver can get to you quickly.
2) The driver will wait up to 3 minutes. Contact your driver to ensure a smooth pick-up.
3) You can bring one friend. A maximum of 2 passengers are allowed per booking.
4) You can be matched with other riders at any time during your trip.
5) Drivers will follow the drop-off sequence shown in the app and will not accommodate additional stops.
This is what a ride could possibly look like:
Conceptualized, designed and engineered across Grab’s three research and development centers in Singapore, Seattle and Beijing, GrabShare’s matching algorithm ensures that passengers get to their destinations in the shortest possible time. The algorithm determines a match by factoring in the closest available drivers, travel time, overlap of trip routes, detour distance and current traffic conditions before intuitively sequencing pick-ups and drop-offs.
GrabShare is currently available in four countries across Southeast Asia, and Myanmar will be the latest addition, starting in its largest city Yangon. In the month of June alone, GrabShare rides across Southeast Asia saved over 5 million kilometres in driving distance by using one car instead of two.
Media InquiriesContact the Grab media team
Follow us on Grab social channels
Grab StoriesExplore the ideas and people that define Grab
Engineering StoriesLearn more about our technology development
Enhanced GrabRewards Offers Simplified Earning of Points, Fun Challenges and Greater Selection of Benefits
● Largest loyalty programme in Southeast Asia gamified to further engage users ● GrabRewards points will not expire as long as a Grab service is completed every 3 months ● New range of attractive products and services now available for redemption ● Exclusive discounts and high-value prizes as part of GrabRewards Wednesdays
Grab Honours its Top Driver-Partners in Safety and Performance
Appreciation event held in Yangon for 900 Grab driver-partners to recognise their commitment towards delivering high standards of service
Grab Partners with Leading Insurance Provider, Myanma Insurance, to Provide Personal Accident Coverage for Driver-Partners and Passengers
Grab, Southeast Asia's leading Offline-to-Online (O2O) platform, has partnered with Myanma Insurance, Myanmar’s leading insurance provider, for its group Personal Accident Insurance (PAI) scheme which covers driver-partners and passengers in the case of an unfortunate accident during a GrabTaxi, GrabThoneBane or GrabBike ride.