Cancelled bookings result in inconvenience for both drivers and passengers. We’re working to make things better.
Today, Grab introduced cancellation fees as part of our ongoing effort to make driving and riding with us a better experience.
Cancellations made by drivers or passengers cause huge inconveniences to one another – loss of earnings for drivers already en-route to pick up a passenger and loss of trust for passengers waiting for their ride to arrive.
By lowering cancellation rates, we’d be able to match drivers more efficiently to passengers who really need a ride.
A passenger cancellation fee of Php50 will be charged if, 1. passenger cancels five (5) minutes after the time that booking has been allocated and if 2. passenger does not show up at the Pickup location within five (5) minutes from driver’s arrival. Php50 will be charged to the passenger’s GrabPay account. Non-GrabPay passengers will have to enable GrabPay before making further bookings.
Over time, we will review our cancellation policy. We want to encourage passengers to make a booking and stick with it. Rest assured that our app will always give ample notice in the form of warning notifications before we deduct the fee.
We sincerely believe this move will create a fairer platform for all passengers and drivers. Thank you for your support, as we work toward improving our ride experience to you.
All cancellations made within 5 minutes of getting a driver are free. You will only be charged a fee of Php 50 in the following two situations:
- Late Cancellation fee: If you cancel after 5 minutes of getting a driver
- No-show fee: If your driver cancels the ride after waiting longer than 5 minutes for you to arrive at your pick-up point.
You will immediately be notified in the Grab app if you incurred a cancellation or a no-show fee on your booking and will be asked to settle the amount using your preferred cashless payment method.
Note: For each booking, you may be charged only one fee. Either Php 50 for a late cancellation OR Php 50 for not showing up for your ride.
You will also get a receipt should you be charged for a No-show Fee or a Cancellation Fee. To learn more about these fees, you may refer to this article: I was charged a cancellation or no-show fee.
- You can cancel your ride for free as long as it’s within 5 minutes after a driver accepts your ride request.
- You will not be charged a fee if you have to cancel your ride because your driver is taking too long to arrive (expected travel time in the app + 15 minutes), or isn’t making much progress to your pickup location, you will not be charged for cancelling the ride.
- Cancelling when your driver indicates that he has arrived when he/she has not.
If your driver asks you to cancel the ride, you’re not obliged to do so. Drivers agree to honour accepted trips and are encouraged not to cancel except in an emergency. If you’ve already cancelled your ride and selected Driver asked to cancel, we’ll receive and use this feedback to take appropriate action against your driver, especially if found in violation of our rules.
If you believe you were wrongly charged a cancellation or no show fee, send us a message here along with the details of your ride and screenshot of the fee.
You will be charged a Cancellation fee of Php 50 if you cancel your booking more than 5 minutes after you’ve been assigned a driver. The full amount will be given to your driver for their time and effort in travelling towards your pick-up point. Please note that you’ll only be charged the cancellation fee if you tap on the PAY TO CANCEL button.
You will be charged a No-show fee of Php 50 if your driver has waited over 5 minutes for you to arrive at your selected pick-up point and decides to cancel your booking. Please note that you’ll only be charged the no-show fee if you tap on the PAY NOW button or if you paid the outstanding fee on your next booking.
The full amount will be paid to your driver to cover their gas and labour costs, as they have made an effort to travel to your location. The cancellation or no-show fee that you paid is also recorded on a separate e-receipt that’s sent to your Grab-registered email inbox.
Learn more about the GrabCar Cancellation Policy here.
Please let us know in the form below if you believe you were wrongly charged a cancellation or no-show fee along with the details of your ride and we’ll investigate it for you.
If the trip is still active and the driver didn’t show up, we recommend that you contact your driver via call or GrabChat. Please note that drivers may not be able to respond while driving so please try again if possible.
However, if there is still no response, you may cancel the booking on your app and send us a report if you believe that further feedback is necessary about the driver’s behavior.
Kindly check the status of the trip if it shows as Completed or Cancelled.
- If the trip shows as Completed on the app but you did not take it or you do not remember taking, we recommend that you review all the trip details first or check with family and friends who may also have access to your Grab account and see if they took the trip. Send us a report here for a completed trip that you did not take.
- If upon checking the trip shows as Cancelled on the app, don’t worry, you will not be charged for the trip fare. However, you may be charged a Php 50 cancellation fee if you cancel after 5 minutes of getting a driver. Any promotional or GrabRewards discount used on a cancelled booking and will remain available in your app for your next booking. Learn more about the GrabCar Cancellation Policy here.
If you believe you were wrongly charged a cancellation or no-show fee, report it here and we’ll investigate it for you.
If you would still like to report your experience on a driver that cancelled your booking, you may let us know using the form below. An investigation will be carried out if your driver has been found in violation of our rules, and appropriate action will be taken against him or her.
Cancellation Fee is automatically credited 100% to the e-wallet of relevant driver cancelled on.
Yes, E-Receipt issued to passenger charged with Cancel Fees will indicate the breakdown of fare including cancellation fee.
- Total fare
- Date and time of pick-up
- Vehicle type
- Driver’s name
- Booking code
- Pick-up and drop-off locations
- Additional stops (if any)
- Payment method
- Fare breakdown
- Ride Fare (base fare – before discount)
- Rewards (value of promo)
- Tolls & Others surcharges