Vote in the May 13, 2019 National and Local Elections
Voting Hours: 6:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M.
GUIDE TO VOTING
- GET your precinct number and sequence number from the list posted near the door outside your polling place.
- TELL the Electoral Board (EB) your name, precinct and sequence number for your identity to be verified using the Election Day Computerized Voters’ List or EDCVL, or the Voter Registration Verification Machine (VRVM) in selected areas. In areas where VRVM will be used, the voter will place his finger (right or left index finger or thumb) on the VRVM scanner until the red light goes off. If the voter’s record is in the system, his picture and details will appear on the screen. The EB will press the “VERIFY” button and the VRVM will issue a verification receipt. The voter will give the receipt to the EB Chairperson who will then give a ballot to him.
- EXAMINE the ballot that the Electoral Board will give you. Make sure that the ballot has no markings of any kind, except for the EB Chairperson’s signature in the space provided for it. Do not accept a marked ballot.
- PROCEED to the voting area with your clean ballot, the marking pen and the ballot secrecy folder.
- VOTE by shading in full the circle alongside the name of the candidate of your choice. Do not overvote!
- FEED the ballot into the Vote Counting Machine and wait for the receipt to be printed.
- PRESENT your right index finger for the application of the indelible ink, and check the contents of the receipt.
- DROP the receipt in the designated box. Leave the polling place at once to avoid being an inconvenience to those who are yet to cast their votes.
Areas where the VRVM will be pilot-tested:
- City of Manila
- Quezon City
- Caloocan City
- Nueva Ecija
- Negros Occidental
- Misamis Oriental
- Davao Del Sur
- Zamboanga Del Sur
This is a public service reminder from COMELEC Voter Education Committee, in cooperation with Grab.
MALAYANG BAYAN, MALAYANG HALALAN.