What is GrabFamily (Ages 1-3)?
GrabFamily (Ages 1-3) is an on-demand ride-hailing service equipped with 1 Urban Kanga / IMMI GO car seat for children aged 1 – 3 years old, below 1 metre in height.
I’ve signed up for the training! What’s next?
This training consists of 3 components which you must complete.
1. Online Training Module | Theoretical (GrabAcademy)
There are 5 training videos for you to watch. It’s important for you to go through all of them so you’ll know what to expect. Familiarise yourself with the trainer’s tips and you’ll save time during your practical session. Please take note that you MUST go through these course materials on GrabAcademy (Account > GrabAcademy > New Topics > Search for GrabFamily (Ages 1-3)) in order for your theoretical training to be deemed as complete.
Time needed: 30 minutes
Video 1: Introduction to GrabFamily (Ages 1-3)
Video 2: Importance of Child Restraints
Video 3: How to use your Urban Kanga
Video 4: Maintaining your Urban Kanga
Video 5: Programme FAQs
2. Online Quiz | Theoretical (GrabAcademy)
You’re given 2 attempts to complete an online quiz. You must pass with a score of 8 out of 10 in order to move on to the on-site assessment, so make sure you’ve watched all 5 videos above before you begin. Please take note that you MUST complete your quiz on GrabAcademy (it will automatically launch after you have completed all 5 training videos).
Time needed: 10 – 15 minutes
3. On-Site Assessment | Practical
Receive one-to-one coaching with a certified trainer, who will demonstrate the proper installation techniques of the Urban Kanga car seat. After which, there will be a short assessment where you’ll have to show the trainer that you can correctly install the car seat without any assistance. Once you’ve proved your competency, your training is complete!
Time needed: 20 – 60 minutes (depending on your competency)
About the On-Site Assessment
You must complete the Online Training Module and pass the Online Quiz at least 1 working day before your scheduled On-Site Assessment session. Once you’re done, you’ll receive a confirmation to attend the practical coaching.
10 Jalan Kilang Timor Singapore 159306
- Arrive and register 15 minutes before your scheduled session.
- Be punctual to avoid any delay, otherwise you will need to wait for the next available training slot.
- Bring along your Grab Driver App for verification purpose.
- If you pass the practical assessment, you’ll be given an Urban Kanga car seat on the spot. The training and car seat fee of $200 OR $220 (refer to FAQs below for more information) will be deducted from your Credit Wallet within 2 working days.
- If you pass the practical assessment and opt to not purchase the Urban Kanga car seat (only applicable for relief driver-partners), a training fee of $95 will still apply. This will be deducted from your Credit Wallet within 2 working days. Please take note that you are highly encouraged to purchase your own car seat.
- If you fail the practical assessment, kindly return the car seat to the trainer. A training fee of $95 will be deducted from your Credit Wallet within 2 working days.
- If you are absent for the On-Site Assessment, a no-show fee of $30 will be deducted from your Credit Wallet within 2 working days.
Q: Am I eligible for the On-Site Assessment if I pass the Online Quiz on my 3rd attempt?
A: No, everyone is given a maximum of 2 attempts to pass the Online Quiz. Therefore, ensure that you’re well-prepared by watching all 5 training videos as many times as you need before starting the quiz.
Q: When will I start receiving GrabFamily (Ages 1-3) jobs?
A: Once you’ve passed your On-Site Assessment and received an Urban Kanga car seat from Taxi Baby, your GrabFamily (Ages 1-3) account will be activated within 2 working days from the date of your training completion. Therefore, ensure that you always have the car seat handy.
Q: I’m unable to attend the On-Site Assessment due to an emergency. What should I do?
A: Kindly inform the GrabFamily team at least 2 working days prior to your scheduled session if you’re unable to attend the training. You may do so via e-mail at email@example.com. Otherwise, a $30 no-show fee (non-negotiable) will be imposed.
Q: What costs should I be aware of?
A: Limited slots are available for the training, therefore kindly commit to your scheduled session once you’ve confirmed your attendance with us. A $30 no-show fee (non-negotiable) will be imposed if you’re absent without prior notice given.
(Training + Car Seat)
|Option 1: $200 (1-off payment); OR
^ Option 2: $220 (3-month installment)
|$95 (1-off payment)|
|No-Show||$30 (1-off payment)|
^ If you choose the installment payment option, the deduction will be as follows:
1st month – $75
2nd month – $75
3rd month – $70
* If you are eligible for the $60 discount:
> 1-off payment – $140
> 3-month installment – $160 ($60 in 1st month, $60 in 2nd month, $40 in 3rd month)
Q: My Urban Kanga car seat is defective. What should I do?
A: You’re strongly encouraged to check the condition of your car seat before leaving the training facility. However, if you suspect that it’s defective, please stop using the product immediately and contact Taxi Baby at 9070 3351. During this time, you may toggle off GrabFamily (Ages 1-3) on your Grab Driver App to stop receiving jobs for this service type.
|Due to Manufacturing Defect|
|Within Warranty Period||Outside Warranty Period|
|Once Taxi Baby confirms that it’s due to a manufacturing defect, your car seat will either be replaced or repaired free of charge on the spot.||Each Urban Kanga car seat comes with a 2-year warranty from the date of purchase. After which, any defect will not be covered under the manufacturer’s warranty. As such, you must purchase a new car seat at $289 to continue driving on GrabFamily (Ages 1-3).|
|NOT Due to Manufacturing Defect|
|– Bring along your defective car seat for a one-to-one exchange and get a new Urban Kanga car seat at $200.
– If you’re unable to produce your defective car seat as evidence, you may purchase a new one at $289.
Q: If I have more questions, how can I reach out to the GrabFamily team?
A: Please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond within 3 working days.