Frequently Asked Questions:
1. What happens when I use a different promo code when another promotion is active?
Only (1) promotion can be used at any one time. If a promo code is entered, that promotion will be applied to your ride. This means that your ride will not count towards other promotions.
2. What happens if there’s a cancellation?
If the ride has not been completed, the promotion will not be counted as redeemed. Please book again using the promo code.
3. Is the fare displayed in the app before or after the discount?
The fare displayed in the app is not discounted. Once the ride is completed, the promotion will be applied to your final fare and you will receive an e-receipt detailing the fare breakdown.
4. I received an email from Grab saying that I’m entitled to a promotion. However, the promotion was not applied to my ride.
You may have another account registered with Grab. The mobile number linked to that account will be entitled to the promotion.
Always refer to your in-app notification to verify that you are eligible for the promotion.
5. A promotion was not applied to my ride even though I got the notification that I was entitled to a promotion.
We’re sorry you didn’t manage to redeem your promotion. Please submit a ticket to us through https://help.grab.com/hc/en-sg/articles/115005848668 and we will look into it.
6. How do I know if the promotion was applied to my ride if no promo code was required?
Once a driver has been assigned to your booking, you should receive a push notification* in your app confirming that the promotion has been applied. It should look something like this:
*You can check your push notifications by clicking on the menu button at the top left corner of the app. Next, click on “Notifications” to view all your notifications.
7. Which vehicle type is my promotion valid for?
Please refer to the Terms and Conditions stipulated at the bottom of our promotional emails or notifications. Do note that promotions are not applicable to GrabHitch or GrabShuttle.
8. The email or notification I received from Grab states that I need to take a ‘Normal fare’ ride. What does ‘Normal fare’ mean?
‘Normal fare’ refers to a ride paid for in full, with no discount or promotion applied.