GrabSupermarket Launches in Singapore, to Offer over 10,000 Products with Next-Day Delivery
Grab today announced the launch of GrabSupermarket in Singapore, as part of its strategic expansion of GrabMart, Grab’s on-demand everyday goods delivery service. Grab will partner with HAO, one of the fastest growing supermarket chains in Singapore, to offer consumers over 10,000 products with next-day delivery. This partnership aims to meet a rapidly growing market of consumers who enjoy the speed and convenience of online grocery shopping.
- GrabSupermarket currently carries over 5,000 items and will progressively expand the selection with another 5,000 more products ranging from fresh groceries, daily essentials to home care items
- Grab is partnering with Singapore-based HAO mart to house its GrabSupermarket dark store
SINGAPORE, 28 May 2021 – Grab today announced the launch of GrabSupermarket in Singapore, as part of its strategic expansion of GrabMart, Grab’s on-demand everyday goods delivery service. Grab will partner with HAO, one of the fastest growing supermarket chains in Singapore, to offer consumers over 10,000 products with next-day delivery. This partnership aims to meet a rapidly growing market of consumers who enjoy the speed and convenience of online grocery shopping.
Over the past year, grocery shopping behaviours have evolved. Previously, consumers generally used to shop for groceries on a weekly basis to avoid multiple trips to the supermarket or long waiting times when they ordered online. But the rise of on-demand goods delivery services, like GrabMart, has brought about more flexible shopping habits, where consumers can order from their favourite store as and when they need it. GrabSupermarket expands GrabMart’s grocery offering to now also cater to consumers who would prefer to order bigger baskets of groceries, but with the added benefit of next-day delivery.
With GrabSupermarket, consumers can choose from a broader catalogue of products and pay just one delivery fee for it. For a start, it will house over 5,000 unique products from HAO mart spanning the categories of meat and poultry, vegetables, frozen food, dry goods and instant foods, dairy products, condiments, snacks, drinks and non-food essentials. This will be expanded to over 10,000 unique products over the next few weeks.
In addition, Grab will bring products from highly sought after stores on GrabMart to GrabSupermarket. This will offer consumers more variety, and also provide current GrabMart merchants more channels to reach consumers.
“Delivery services have become an essential part of our everyday lives. Especially now, during the Phase 2 Heightened Alert, we wanted to provide a convenient option for consumers to buy all that they need in a single basket, for a single delivery fee, and have it delivered to their doorstep the next day. Over time, we aspire to broaden the selection available in GrabSupermarket even further and offer more essential items as well as premium and exclusive products from our GrabMart merchant-partners. We are thrilled to be partnering with HAO on this exciting journey towards delivering even more convenience and choice to Grab consumers,” Xinwei Ngiam, Managing Director, Deliveries, Grab Singapore said.
“Retail is transforming rapidly, and the pandemic has only accelerated this. At HAO mart, we believe in constantly adapting to the needs of our shoppers. Through this partnership with Grab, we can serve a wider group of customers. The grocery delivery space is a fast-growing one and we are excited to continue innovating for the long-run,” said Dr. Tan Kim Yong, Group Chairman, HAO mart.
GrabSupermarket is currently available for next-day islandwide delivery at a flat S$4.99 delivery fee per order, with a minimum basket value of S$20. Consumers can enjoy free delivery for orders that are S$50 and above. Grab is offering 30% off GrabSupermarket purchases with a minimum spend of S$25 from now till 10 June using the code FRESH30 (T&C apply).
How to order from GrabSupermarket
- Grab consumers can access GrabSupermarket via GrabMart tile
- Pick what you need and order before 6 PM to get it delivered the very next day
- Select your preferred time slot between 5-9 PM daily. Delivery slots are available in 30-minute windows.
 This includes products from HAO mart, Eccellente by HAO mart, HAO Halal Hub, and more
Media InquiriesContact the Grab media team
Follow us on Grab social channels
Grab StoriesExplore the ideas and people that define Grab
Engineering StoriesLearn more about our technology development
Grab Announces Didi Chuxing and SoftBank As Lead Investors for Current Round of Financing
- Strategic investment of a combined US$2.0 billion by Didi Chuxing and SoftBank deepens partnership with Grab
- Grab expects to raise US$2.5 billion in total in current financing round
- New financing to support Grab’s efforts in strengthening its dominant market position in on-demand transportation and payments in Southeast Asia
Grab Celebrates Fifth Anniversary and Significant User Milestones
- 3x growth in last year to 45 million downloads, and up to 2.5 million daily rides
- Has provided higher incomes for nearly 1 million drivers and reduced travel time in half across Southeast Asia since founding
- Adds GrabNow, New Service to Digitise Street Hailing