Grab and Deliveroo Partner to Grow On-Demand Services in Singapore
- Leading startups partner to bring convenience of on-demand services to more Singapore consumers
- Grab users can enjoy premium food from more than 1000 curated restaurants delivered in 30 minutes on average
- Earn Deliveroo credit when you travel with GrabCar (Economy) or make a Flash booking, over the next three months
Singapore, 9 May 2016 – Grab, Southeast Asia’s leading ride-hailing company, and Deliveroo, leading on-demand premium food delivery service, have partnered to bring the convenience of on-demand transport and food delivery services to more Singapore consumers.
Grab is rewarding its large base of customers with Deliveroo credits to encourage more Singapore consumers to try new on-demand services – to spur the overall growth of Singapore’s on-demand services market and advancement of the Singapore startup ecosystem. From today to 7 August, consumers can travel with Grab to earn free Deliveroo credit worth up to $40 per week.
“The rise of on-demand offerings is transforming the way people live and how they consume products and services. We believe there is a lot more room to grow the on-demand services market in Singapore. By partnering with newer on-demand services like Deliveroo, we are encouraging Grab users to try out similar services that will make their lives even more convenient. We believe in partnering with industry leaders to delight and reward our customers with high quality service and the best deals – Grab users can now accumulate Deliveroo credits, just by using the GrabCar service or making a Flash booking,” said Lim Kell Jay, Head of Grab Singapore.
“As a firm that takes pride in catering quality food offering and exceptional consumer dining experience, we are excited to bring a partnership between two market leaders to make Singapore consumers life even more convenient. Deliveroo users will be thrilled with the added convenience – they will now be able to enjoy greater convenience from wherever they are, be it at home or in office.” said Tristan Torres, General Manager of Deliveroo Singapore
How the Grab-Deliveroo partnership works
To qualify, consumers will have to complete five or more trips per week either on GrabCar (Economy) or using the Flash feature, or both. Flash is a one-tap feature in the Grab app that allows users to find the nearest available ride, regardless of whether it is a taxi or GrabCar (Economy). The Grab app connects consumers to Singapore’s largest on-demand vehicle network.
There are four tiers of credit available for redemption based on the number of rides completed each week (refer to table below). In addition, first time participants who complete between five to 11 rides in their first week after registration will enjoy a one-time additional $20 in Deliveroo credit. The credit will be automatically deposited into the user’s account every Tuesday, and will be valid for a week.
Table 1: Deliveroo credit to be redeemed based on number of rides booked and completed on GrabCar (Economy) and through Flash
To benefit from this partnership, follow the steps below:
- Register for the campaign: Fill out a simple form at grab.com/deliveroo
- Download the Grab app: Available on iOS App Store and Google Play.
- Ride with Grab: Once registered, Grab and Deliveroo will start counting the number of rides you have booked and completed either on GrabCar (Economy) or Flash (or both) between Monday 00:00 until Sunday 23:59.
- Get notified of your rewards: An email and SMS will be sent on Tuesday to notify you of your credit earned per week. Credit is valid for seven days from Tuesday to the following Monday.
- Bon Appétit: Place an order via Deliveroo’s website and enjoy a meal from any of Deliveroo’s specially curated restaurants and cafes. Deliveroo credit will be automatically deducted and reflected in your order chit.
- Ride, eat, repeat: Continue traveling with Grab to earn more Deliveroo credit and enjoy more good food.
Terms and conditions apply:
- Only GrabCar (Economy) and Flash bookings will qualify for Deliveroo credit.
- Users must register via grab.com/deliveroo to be eligible for the campaign
- Number of GrabCar rides are counted on a weekly basis, starting on Monday 00:00 and ending on Sunday at 23:59. Deliveroo credit will be released on the immediate Tuesday and will expire the following Monday at 23:59.
For more information, visit: www.grab.com/deliveroo
Media InquiriesContact the Grab media team
Follow us on Grab social channels
Grab StoriesExplore the ideas and people that define Grab
Engineering StoriesLearn more about our technology development
Grab Announces Didi Chuxing and SoftBank As Lead Investors for Current Round of Financing
- Strategic investment of a combined US$2.0 billion by Didi Chuxing and SoftBank deepens partnership with Grab
- Grab expects to raise US$2.5 billion in total in current financing round
- New financing to support Grab’s efforts in strengthening its dominant market position in on-demand transportation and payments in Southeast Asia
Grab Celebrates Fifth Anniversary and Significant User Milestones
- 3x growth in last year to 45 million downloads, and up to 2.5 million daily rides
- Has provided higher incomes for nearly 1 million drivers and reduced travel time in half across Southeast Asia since founding
- Adds GrabNow, New Service to Digitise Street Hailing