GrabShuttle adds Premium Transport Service for Schools
Singapore, 20 April 2018 – Grab today announced expansion of its GrabShuttle service, to help move students for their daily commute. The premium, crowd-sourced service offers parents and staff a more personalised and flexible transport options, while helping school children and staff get to their destination more quickly.
Users can customise and crowdsource desired routes by submitting requests to the GrabShuttle webpage. On top of regular 13- and 23-seater GrabShuttle vehicles, parents and staff can also opt for 4-seater taxis with minimal drop-off and pick-up points. The expanded service is open to all primary, secondary and tertiary school students and staff in Singapore, and benefits include:
- Shorter journey time: Grabshuttle for Schools offers shorter journey times with the right capacity of vehicle to cater for users who are matched up on a route. For example, users who opt for the taxi service will only have three to four drop-off points. By aggregating pick-up and drop-off points across multiple schools and using tech to find the best matches, students and staff could save up to 50% travelling time, as compared to traditional school bus services and public transport.
- Flexible trip planning: Along with a wide range of pricing and service options, users who opt for the taxi service have the flexibility to customize drop-off points for different days. This means that this service is able to accommodate trips taken by students heading to an alternative destination, such as to the tuition center or their grandparents’ place, without any additional charges.
- Vehicle tracking in real-time: Parents are able to track routes in real-time via the GrabShuttle app and directly contact the driver when needed. Route privacy also ensures that only parents or guardians of verified students are provided with the relevant information for route tracking, ensuring the safety and security of all students using the service.
- Well-trained drivers and insurance coverage: Drivers of this new service will go through rounds of screening and be trained to handle younger children. All vehicles will be equipped with seat belts and are covered under commercial insurance to ensure users travel with peace of mind.
Screenshots of GrabShuttle for Schools booking
“At Grab, we are constantly thinking about how we can create efficient and localised services to meet Singaporeans’ transportation needs, while sharing the government’s vision for a car-lite nation. Since we launched GrabShuttle over a year ago, we have had parents and teachers requesting for routes to and from schools, as well as a more personalised service that better meet their needs,” said Alvin Wee, Head of GrabShuttle Singapore.
“Today, this extension in the form of GrabShuttle for Schools provides safe and convenient transportation for school children and staff, while meeting the demands of parents who want their children to have a shorter journey to school. By listening to consumer demand and leveraging data analytics to design the most efficient routes, children can get more sleep each day, while allowing parents to save time in their daily morning routine,” he added.
Prices for this new service start from SGD 130/month for one-way trips and follows a 9-month payment schedule. Payment is also conveniently done in-app using credit cards. Interested users can visit https://www.grab.com/sg/shuttleschool/, and enjoy 20% off the first month by using the promo code ‘ShuttleSchool’.
Media InquiriesContact the Grab media team
Follow us on Grab social channels
Grab StoriesExplore the ideas and people that define Grab
Engineering StoriesLearn more about our technology development
Grab Announces Didi Chuxing and SoftBank As Lead Investors for Current Round of Financing
- Strategic investment of a combined US$2.0 billion by Didi Chuxing and SoftBank deepens partnership with Grab
- Grab expects to raise US$2.5 billion in total in current financing round
- New financing to support Grab’s efforts in strengthening its dominant market position in on-demand transportation and payments in Southeast Asia
Grab Celebrates Fifth Anniversary and Significant User Milestones
- 3x growth in last year to 45 million downloads, and up to 2.5 million daily rides
- Has provided higher incomes for nearly 1 million drivers and reduced travel time in half across Southeast Asia since founding
- Adds GrabNow, New Service to Digitise Street Hailing