1) What are the minimum requirements to drive with Grab?
- At least 21 years of age
- Singaporean / PR
- Minimum 2 years driving experience
2) How much does a GrabCar driver typically earn?
The great thing about being a GrabCar driver is that you are your own boss. This means you decide when and how much you want to drive.
On average, our drivers earn up to:
- $38/hour during peak hours
- $30/hour during non-peak hours
On top of this, Grab offers additional incentives which means you can earn even more!
3) Is there an information session that I can attend to find out more about succeeding on the Grab platform?
Yes, our sessions are held at our office and scheduled as follows:
- Wednesday: 7pm
- Saturday: 2pm
Our office is located at: 18 Sin Ming Lane, #01-11 Midview City, Singapore 573960
4) What incentives does Grab offer?
As a Grab driver-partner, you will receive a weekly email regarding our incentives. For more info, click here.
5) How and when do I get paid?
Our flexible payment options allow for cash jobs. This means you can receive your fare earnings at the end of each trip. Alternatively, for credit card jobs, you will receive payment every week directly to your bank account.
6) Does Grab take any commission?
Yes, Grab takes a maximum of 20% commission.
7) Is there a minimum driving period?
Absolutely not! There is no minimum driving period and no minimum number of trips required. Drive where you want, when you want. Some of our drivers make more than $700 just driving on weekends!
8) I already have a job. Can I still drive with Grab?
Of course! We have a lot of part-time drivers on our platform. This is because there are no minimum hours required to drive with us.
9) I don’t have a car. Can I still drive with Grab?
Sure thing! You have the option of renting from our exclusive partner fleets, or any other rental company. Rental rates start as low as $50/day.
10) What is PDVL (Private Hire Car Driver’s Vocational Licence)?
PDVL refers to the official licence required for all drivers who wish to provide chauffeured services. This regulation is a requirement by LTA and is estimated to take effect by mid 2017.
11) I have questions. How can I reach you?
Find out more at grab.com/driver/car or visit our office at:
28 Sin Ming Lane, #01-143 Midview City, Singapore 573972
Our opening hours are as follows:
- Monday – Friday: 10am – 6pm
- Saturdays: 10am – 3pm
12) I’m ready to sign up to drive with Grab. What are my next steps?
We’re thrilled that you’re taking your first steps with Grab! Please click on the buttons below for a step-by-step guide for driving with Grab.
13) I have other commitments on weekdays. Can I submit my application online?
Yes, of course! Simply visit signup.grab.com at your convenience to submit your application along with your supporting documents. Please note that, in order for us to activate your account, you would need to attend a compulsory 60-min training session held at our office.
To save time, we suggest that you attend our training session on the same day you submit your application and supporting documents. This ensures you will be earning extra in no time.
Our training sessions are held at our office and scheduled as follows:
- Monday – Friday: 11am, 1pm, 3pm & 5pm
- Saturday: 12pm
14) Why does my car need to be registered as Z10/Z11?
This is a requirement by LTA. A Z10/Z11 vehicle log refers to private hire cars.
15) Why does my car need to be commercially insured?
With commercial insurance, both you and your rider will be adequately protected should an accident happen.
16) Does the ownership of my car need to be changed to my new business prior to driving with Grab?
Yes, the ownership of your car needs to be transferred to your new business. In order to transfer, you have the option of refinancing your loan or paying off your loan in full.
17) What should I do if my car loan is not fully paid up?
If your car is still on loan, you will need to refinance your car loan. Please talk to our preferred refinancing partner for help.
18) Does driving with Grab affect my road tax?
No. Road tax is determined by the size of the car and not how it is being used.