What is HitchShield?
HitchShield is GrabHitch’s insurance panel built for our loyal drivers, and part of Grab’s ongoing commitment to safety. It offers both GrabHitch drivers and riders insurance protection, giving every Hitch driver peace of mind whenever they drive with us.
Income and MSIG are the first two big insurers to come onboard, and you can rest assured that your Hitch rides will be fully covered when you purchase your motor insurance with either insurer*.
*Policy terms and conditions apply.
Income Drivo™ for GrabHitch
Income’s Drivo™ Car Insurance insures your car against vehicle repairs, third-party damages, and more. In addition, policyholders enjoy the value added services and features illustrated above at no extra cost. To purchase your motor insurance with Income, complete the following steps:
- Call Income’s telesales hotline at 6789 9595
- To be eligible for the offer, you must quote the promo code HITCH17 over the phone
- Get a quote
- Complete payment via phone or at one of Income’s branches (list here)
^For more information, refer here.
MSIG MotorMax / MotorMax Plus for GrabHitch
With a suite of comprehensive benefits, you can decide the plan that suits you – from the value covers of MotorMax to the more extensive protection of MotorMax Plus illustrated above. To purchase your motor insurance with MSIG, complete the following steps:
- Head to MSIG’s website to get a quote
- To be eligible for the offer, you must key in the campaign code “GH0817” after filling in your details for the insurance purchase.
- Complete payment online
Exclusive deal for GrabHitch Drivers!
Purchase your motor insurance with either Income (via telesales) or MSIG (via online) and get $50 credit* in your driver wallet!
Do take note that in order for any insurance to cover GrabHitch rides, you’re expected to abide by LTA’s carpooling regulations of not more than 2 carpooling trips a day. Each trip is defined as the location of your first rider’s pick-up point to your own intended destination and may consist of more than 1 pick-up so long as the pick-ups are along the same way.
Terms & Conditions:
- Offer is valid from 10 August 2017 – 31 December 2017 (both dates inclusive).
- The $50 credit is only applicable to approved Hitch Drivers who have purchased a motor insurance policy with Income or MSIG, and are not existing policyholders of said insurers.
- To be eligible for either promotion, Hitch Drivers must clearly state insurer’s promo code during time of purchase, either via telesales for Income, or via MSIG’s online platform.
- The $50 credits will be credited to qualifying drivers’ wallets 10 working days after the end of the month of purchase.
- Income and MSIG will only support enquires directly related to the product and application processes. For Income, do contact them at 6789 9595 (Monday – Friday, 8.30am – 8.30pm) for assistance. For MSIG, do contact them at 6827 2548 (Monday – Friday, 8.45am – 5.30pm) for assistance.
- For enquires related to the promotion mechanics, promotion T&Cs and $50 credit, please email email@example.com with subject “HitchShield credits”.
- Full terms & conditions for Income here, and for MSIG here.
- GrabHitch reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at anytime without prior notice.
Disclaimer: Grab takes no responsibility for the content and description of the deals, products or other benefits listed originating from or provided by third parties such as insurance providers (including the accuracy, completeness, quality, reliability or legality of such content or description and whether such content or description is up-to-date). The deals, products or other benefits listed should be used, accepted and/or relied upon only with care and discretion and at your own risk. Grab shall not be responsible for any loss, damage or liability arising from such use, acceptance and/or reliance.