Traditional commercial motor insurance isn’t fair to low-mileage part-time drivers.
Here’s why; with such policies, you are required to pay a fixed premium no matter how much you drive. For most, this comes with a hefty price tag, especially if you’re not sure how much driving you’re planning to do.
With the new AXA Pay-As-You-Grab# (“AXA PAYG”) motor insurance from AXA, you enjoy a lower base premium and only pay extra when you drive with Grab! What’s more, you still enjoy full coverage, whether you’re driving for personal reasons or for Grab.
Lower base premiums. Higher savings.
With AXA PAYG, you only pay approximately 70% of your traditional commercial motor insurance premium plus $0.06 for every additional kilometre you drive with Grab.
* Illustrative figures based on AXA estimates
Furthermore, additional mileage only applies when a Grab passenger is on-board. Simply put, with AXA PAYG, you won’t be charged for driving to your favourite coffee place for a personal break.
For those planning to drive more frequently, the AXA PAYG policy works in such a way that you will never pay more than your traditional commercial motor insurance policy. In fact, the more you drive, the lower your per kilometre cost!
For example, let’s say a part-time driver completes 325 trips (approximately 2,600km) a year. Based on an annual premium of $2,500 (traditional commercial motor insurance), a Grab driver can potentially save $594 a year through AXA PAYG.
* Illustrative figures based on AXA estimates for a Grab driver with an annual premium of $2500, and completes 2,600km (approximately 325 trips) a year.
Ready to drive with Grab and save at the same time?
For more information:
- Meet an AXA sales representative to sign up for AXA PAYG at the locations below. No appointment needed!
– GrabCar Office: 18 Sin Ming Lane #01-11, Midview City, or;
– AXA Office: AXA Tower, 8 Shenton Way, B1
- You can also contact an AXA sales representative at 1-800-880-4888 or write in to AXA to enquire about AXA PAYG.
1. What is AXA PAYG?
AXA PAYG is a usage-based commercial motor insurance provided exclusively by AXA that allows the policyholder to pay for a lower base premium and only $0.06 for every additional kilometre you drive with Grab.
2. What is the minimum mileage that a driver needs to clock per day?
There is no minimum mileage that a driver needs to clock per day. With AXA PAYG, the driver is only charged when a Grab passenger is on-board. Simply put, if you don’t drive, you won’t pay.
3. What if I exceed the maximum mileage while driving with Grab? Will there be an additional charge?
No, there is no additional charge. With AXA PAYG, there is a cap on the amount you pay. This cap is based on the premium paid on an AXA Classic Plan. Total charges will not exceed this amount.
4. What are the accepted modes of payment for this policy?
- Single lump sum: Visa, MasterCard and AMEX (both debit and credit cards).
- Instalment plan: DBS, POSB and UOB credit cards only.
5. What is the excess amount?
The excess is as follows:
- All claims: $2,000
- Windscreen Excess: $100
6. What if I drive for other commercial usage?
An excess of $5,000 will apply if the insured motor vehicle is being driven for other commercial usage.
7. How many drivers are allowed to share one AXA PAYG policy?
You are allowed to enroll up to four (4) drivers per policy, subject to additional premiums being payable.
8. What documents do I need to provide if I already have existing commercial insurance?
You will need to provide the AXA sales representative with the following documents:
- Driving licence
- ACRA business profile
- Proof of commercial insurance for your vehicle
- Z10 or Z11 vehicle log
#Important Notice and Disclaimers
AXA PAYG is underwritten by AXA Insurance Singapore Pte. Ltd. (“AXA”). The above information provided by AXA is for general information only and is not a contract of insurance. Full details of the terms, conditions and exclusions of AXA PAYG are provided in the policy which will be sent to you upon acceptance of your application by AXA. All and any enquiries, customer service, claims and matters relating to AXA PAYG will be handled by AXA. You are recommended to seek advice from a qualified adviser before making a commitment to purchase AXA PAYG. In the event that you choose not to seek advice from a qualified adviser, you should consider carefully whether AXA PAYG is suitable for you.
This AXA PAYG policy is protected under the Policy Owners’ Protection Scheme which is administered by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation (SDIC). Coverage for the policy is automatic and no further action is required from you. For more information on the types of benefits that are covered under the scheme as well as the limits of coverage, where applicable, please contact your insurer or visit GIA or SDIC’s websites (www.gia.org.sg or www. sdic.org.sg).
GrabCar Pte Ltd does not carry on the business of soliciting or receiving proposals for insurance and does not hold itself out to be an insurer, insurance underwriter, insurance broker or insurance agent. AXA PAYG is not an obligation of, deposit in or guaranteed by GrabCar Pte Ltd. GrabCar Pte Ltd is not liable for or responsible for any matters in relation to AXA PAYG.