Here’s some additional information which may interest you. Read on to get some of your questions answered!
1. What are the minimum requirements to become a GrabCar driver?
- Singapore Citizen/Permanent Resident (PR)
- Valid Class 3/3A driving licence
- 21 years old and above
- Private Hire Car Driver’s Vocational Licence (PDVL) (effective from 1st half of 2017 only)
*Please note that a medical check-up is required if you are 50 years old and above.
2. Do I need a PDVL to drive for GrabCar?
No. PDVL’s will only be compulsory from 1st half of 2017 onwards.
3. What is the minimum number of trips a driver needs to complete?
There are no minimum rides or hours. You decide when, and how much you want to drive.
4. How much does a GrabCar driver typically earn?
The great thing about being a GrabCar driver is that you are your own boss. You decide when, and how much you want to drive. On average, our drivers earn up to:
- $30 per hour during off-peak hours; and
- $38 per hour during peak hours
In addition, we offer various incentive schemes and continuously update them. Keep your eyes peeled so you don’t miss out!
5. What are the car types allowed on the GrabCar platform?
The following requirements apply to both owned and rental cars:
- Minimum 4 doors and 4 seats (excluding driver’s seat)
- Minimum 1.5 litres / 1500cc
- Less than 10 years old
- No red or “P” carplates*
6. I’m all set! What are my next steps?
You should receive an email which will help you complete your application online. Within that email, simply click the “Complete Your Application” button to submit your application.
Otherwise, you may apply in person at:
Grab Office, 18 Sin Ming Lane, #01-11 Midview City, Singapore 573960
– Opening hours: Mon – Fri 10am – 6pm; Sat 10am – 3pm
– Closed on Sunday & Public Holidays
To proceed with your application, please bring along the following documents to get activated as a driver.
- Class 3 / 3A Driving Licence
- Bank information – Name, Account Number and Branch Code
- Bizfile (ACRA) showing 49219 code (applicable for owned car)
- Proof of commercial insurance
- Z10 / Z11 Vehicle Log
- Rental Agreement (applicable for rented cars)
Need a step by step guide? Visit these links.