NOTE: This will cease from 22 June 2020 onwards.
A Special Relief Fund has been set up for eligible driver-partners to supplement their income for the next 90 days, starting 2 March 2020. It is made up of (i) Government-funded Support and (ii) a Weekly Cover from Grab.
During this time, to counteract the decrease in demand for rides, the Missions scheme will be replaced with the Weekly Cover from Grab. It offers a broader base of driver-partners a more attainable target to hit during this time. Allowing for more income security with a fixed weekly payout. There will also be no change to Emerald Circle tiers (no upgrade or demotion), and we will review it again as the situation stabilises.
[UPDATE AS OF 29TH APR 2020, 7.45PM]
Grab Weekly Cover will be extended by 1 day to 31st May, to cover the full week of 25th to 31st May.
[UPDATED 21 APRIL 2020, 3.30PM]
GEMS targets will be lowered from 40 to 20 GEMS/week for all existing driver-partners currently receiving Grab Weekly Cover.
[UPDATED 11 APRIL 2020, 12.30PM]
GEMS targets will be lowered from 50 to 40 GEMS/week for all existing driver-partners currently receiving Grab Weekly Cover.
In order to provide all our driver-partners with these Circuit Breaker support measures, incentives for premium services (GrabCar Plus and GrabCar Premium), far pick-up bonus, birthday rewards, monthly top rated Driver-Partner rewards (AR, CR, DR), cancellation compensation and the Super Steady program will be put on hold.
For more info on support measures, visit https://www.grab.com/sg/support-driver-transport/. Stay safe and please remember to wear a mask when outdoors and while on the job.
The more you drive, the more you get!
Super Steady is a reward programme for both GrabCar (PHV) Partners, and GrabTaxi Partners, where you will be rewarded based on a “Streak”, which increases along with the number of months in which you’ve driven at least 200 trips with us.
What is a Streak?
A streak is the number of consecutive months in which you’ve driven 200 passenger trips and above. The longer your streak, the greater your reward!
How is a streak calculated?
Here’s an example….
ANNA has been actively driving with us since January 2018.
So her monthly streak is 4, because she’s driven ≥200 passenger trips for 4 consecutive months.
Well done, ANNA!
On the other hand, BEN has been driving with us since September 2017.
As he did not manage to hit the ≥200 passenger trip target in January & February, his streak ended and was recounted starting from March 2018.
Be coolBEN, just keep going!
So…what’s the reward for a streak?
The Super Steady monthly rewards is a single component Commissions Rebate, paid out at the end of the month, based on your streak count and Emerald Circle Tier (see table below).
The great news is, for new to programme taxi-partners,your streak will be backcounted.
You do not start at 0, and previous months are counted towards your streak as long as you hit the ≥200 passenger trip target each month.
Here are a few more examples of streak & reward calculations…
ANNA is in the Ruby tier this quarter. Since ANNA has driven ≥200 passenger trips per month for 4 consecutive months, she’ll get a commission rebate of 10%.
So if she earned $2500 in monthly fares that month, she would have paid $500 in commissions. Her reward will be a rebate of $50 (10% of $500) for that month.
If she continues her streak for another 8 months (making it a total of 12 consecutive months), and upgrades to Sapphire she’ll get to enjoy a 40% commission rebate – Great job Anna!
Since BEN has driven ≥200 passenger trips for the past 2 consecutive months, having broken his streak in January and February, he is not eligible for any rewards.
However, if he drives >200 passenger trips this month, he will reach 3 consecutive months, and assuming he is in Emerald Tier he will start receiving a 10% Commission Rebate that month onwards.
Don’t give up, BEN!
- Driver-partners have to complete at least 200 trips each month for that month to count towards their streak.
- The 200 trip a month minimum is not based on the average number of trips over multiple months (e.g If a driver makes 400 trips last month, but only 50 trips this month, it does not average out to 225 trips each month, and his streak will be broken,)
- This streak will be broken if a driver fails to hit at least 200 trips in a month.
- The reward will be paid to your cash wallet and the reward payout are monthly occurrences.
- For existing driver-partners, your streak will be backcounted. You do not start at 0, and previous months are counted as long as you hit the 200 trips minimum per month.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I know what my current streak is?
A: At the launch of the programme, an email will be sent to you with your current streak on it. Subsequently, an update will be sent to you via email at the beginning of each month.
Q: When will I receive my Super Steady bonus?
A: You will receive the bonus in your cash wallet no later than the 7th of each month. For example, the first bonus will be paid out in June, for the month of May.
Q: I am a new driver with Grab, am I eligible for the Streak incentive?
A: Yes! All driver-partners are eligible, as long as a minimum of 200 passenger trips are completed at least 3 months consecutively.
Q: I have driven with Grab for a few years. Will my streak start from 0, like the new drivers?
A: No. Your streak will be backdated, and previous months will be counted as long as you have driven at least 200 passenger trips a month since then.
Q: How is my streak computed?
A: Your streak is counted by the number of consecutive months in which you have driven at least 200 passenger trips. Your streak starts from the first month you’ve hit 200 trips, as long as you have hit this minimum every month since then.
Terms and Conditions
- Unless otherwise stated, only completed passenger trips for GrabCar 4-Seater Economy, GrabCar 6-Seater Economy, GrabCar 4-Seater Premium, GrabCar 6-Seater Premium, Grab Standard Taxi, GrabFamily 4-Seater, GrabFamily 6-Seater, GrabShare, JustGrab, GrabCar Plus & GrabAssist, GrabPets are eligible for this programme.
- Jobs outside of Singapore do not count towards this programme.
- For any fare top up by Grab, the usual Grab commissions apply.
- As a reminder, drivers are expected to achieve minimum performance levels on Acceptance Rate, Cancellation Rate, and Driver Ratings in order to receive bookings on the GrabCar platform. Acceptance Rate must be above 85.0%. Cancellation Rate must be below 10.0% and Driver Ratings must be above 4.5 stars.
- Payment will be done through the driver’s cash wallet, and will be credited by the 7th of each month.
- Drivers who are terminated before the bonus is credited each month are not eligible to receive the payment.
- An incentive card for Super Steady will be reflected in app by the 7th of each month.
- Do note that bookings for all the services you are eligible for will affect AR/CR/DR for GrabCar programmes.
- Grab reserves the sole & absolute right to forfeit rewards and suspend accounts of Partners who do not follow GrabCar’s Code of Conduct. Grab’s decision is final and conclusive – requests for appeal and review will not be entertained.
- As a reminder, drivers are expected to achieve minimum performance levels on Acceptance Rate, Cancellation Rate, and Driver Ratings in order to receive bookings on the GrabCar platform. Acceptance Rate cannot fall below 85%. Cancellation Rate cannot exceed 10%. Driver Ratings cannot fall below 4.5.
- Please note that AR/CR/DR requirements will be counted monthly instead of weekly for this particular incentive.
- Partners that repeatedly click “Pick Up” and “Drop Off” without reaching the pick-up and drop-off locations requested by the passenger will have their driver account temporarily or permanently suspended.
- Partners with consistently low acceptance rating will face strong action and receive a reduced number of jobs.
- Grab reserves the right to withdraw, amend and/or alter any part or the whole terms and conditions of driver programmes at any time without prior notice.
- All My Destination jobs do not contribute to or qualify for this programme.
- Any unutilised incentive / rebate / bonus credits paid to the credit wallet cannot be encashed and will be forfeited upon termination of driver account.