As a Hitch Driver, you’re required to understand and accept the terms and conditions of using the GrabHitch platform. Failure to abide by the code will lead to a ban or suspension as we take the safety and security of our community very seriously.
COMPLIANCE WITH ALL LAWS, REGULATIONS, POLICIES AND GUIDELINES
- You shall comply with all local traffic laws, regulations, rules, policies and guidelines as well as this Code and any further guidelines that may be issued by the Company from time to time.
- Specific for carpooling, as mandated by the Law:
- The motor vehicle used must be registered and insured in the name of the Driver and used by the Driver or any person by the Driver’s authority expressly provided to the Company, the insurer of the vehicle and the relevant authorities
- The motor vehicle must not be used for the carriage of goods other than samples, any instructional purposes for reward, or the carriage of passengers for hire or reward purposes. These mean the Driver must:
- Not solicit for passengers on a road or parking place or public stand
- Ensure the carriage of the passenger is incidental to the Driver’s use of his vehicle
- Inform the passenger before the start of the carriage, of the Driver’s destination
- Agree with the passenger, before the start of the ride, on the date, pick-up and drop-off points, and the payment (whether in cash or in kind) for, the carriage
- Ensure that the amount or the value of any benefit in kind that the Driver collects from the passenger as payment does not exceed the cost and expenses incurred for the carriage of the passenger
- Ensure that if there is more than one passenger, the aggregate of the amount or the value of any benefit in kind that the person collects from each passenger as payment does not exceed the cost and expenses incurred for the carriage of all the passengers; and
- Ensure that there is nothing in or on the motor vehicle that displays or refers to the fares for the hiring of the motor vehicle
- Not exceed the local limit (if available) of car pool trips in each day on any motor vehicle
- Specific for carpooling, as regulated by the Company:
- The motor vehicle used must be registered and insured in the name of the Driver who applies to the Company for the usage of the App. If the Driver is using a motor vehicle registered to another person, he must ensure that he is authorized by the Vehicle Owner to do so and covered by the insurance policy tied to the registered vehicle. These documents must expressly provided to the Company
- Other than the clauses denoted in paragraph 1(b)ii, once the Driver accepts a booking, he must ensure the following service agreements for the quality, safety and security of the ride:
- Be aware that the App matches the commuters according to their preferences for degree of connection, gender and route
- Passengers may choose to repeat a booking but drivers should never solicit or stalk passengers according to their travel patterns
- Passengers have the right to block a driver if they suspect a driver of misuse of the App
- Passengers may input the number of riders in their group. Always adhere to these limits and/or your vehicle’s seating capacity limits, whichever lower.
- You are prohibited from taking part in any illegal demonstrations against the Company. You shall not be a member of an unregistered association, incite other drivers not to use the GrabHitch application, boycott or threaten to boycott the GrabHitch Application or any other acts that may be construed to be against the interest of the Company.
- You agree not to be involved in any activity that may impair or degrade the reputation of the Company and/or causes disruption to the Company’s operation or conspire with other drivers or any third party with the intention to commit the aforesaid acts.
- You are to conduct yourself with decency within Grab’s premises and follow Grab’s guidelines. Any physical and verbal abuse against Grab’s staff will not be tolerated, and may be reported to the authorities.
- You shall not harass/threaten any Grab Staff within the premises or over the telephone. Acts of harassment such as asking for mobile numbers, stalking or taking photos will result in disciplinary actions.
- The Company may also use and process your data for marketing purposes such as:
- To send you alerts, newsletters, updates, mailers, promotional materials, special privileges, festive greetings from Grab Group , its partners, sponsors or advertisers;
- To notify and invite you to events or activities organized by Grab Group, its partners, sponsors or advertisers
- To process your registration to participate in or attend an event or activity and to communicate with you regarding your attendance at the event or activity;
- To share your Personal Data amongst its subsidiaries, associate companies and jointly controlled entities as well as with its agent, vendor, supplier, partner, contractor or service provider who may communicate with you to market their products, services, events or promotions.
- by way of post, telephone call, short message service (SMS), by hand and/or by email.
- You are strictly prohibited against committing any acts with the intention to cheat or defraud the Company. Example of Offences include:
- Falsely completing a booking when the ride did not actually take place
- Falsely cancelling a booking when the ride has actually taken place
- Completing bookings with riders who share similar personal information as you, or any other activity, whether or not via any PROMO CODE, which may cause the Company to suffer losses.
- The Company maintains a zero-tolerance policy regarding all infringements and can result in suspension or termination of user access to the the Application
PROFESSIONAL AND QUALITY SERVICE
- You shall provide a safe and clean transportation to all passengers. The safety of passengers and drivers on the Grab platform is of utmost importance.
- The Company does not tolerate any consumption of drug or alcohol by drivers while using the Grab app or on a job. This is against the law and a serious violation of the Company’s safety policy. Furthermore, illegal substances and open containers of alcohol are not permitted in drivers’ vehicles. If a passenger believes a driver may be under the influence of drugs or alcohol, he or she has the right to end the trip immediately and alert firstname.lastname@example.org
- You are prohibited from having or keeping weapons of any kind or description in your vehicle or on your person for any reason whatsoever.
- The Company takes a serious view on reckless driving which endangers passengers and/or other road users and this includes and may not be limited to the following:
- Driving against the direction
- Fails to comply with speed limit
- Fails to conform with traffic light
- Using your mobile phone without any hands free kit while driving
- Fails to use the indicator signal prior to changing or turning into a junction
- Breaches any other traffic laws
- We recommend that you always remind the passengers to wear a seatbelt while riding in your vehicle
- You are prohibited from driving without any valid license, insurance policy and should the Law stipulate further, any business licenses or permits required to provide carpooling transportation.
- You are responsible to maintain your vehicle in a good operating condition, in accordance to the local regulations for traffic safety standards.
- Drivers should also undergo regular physical health checks as mandated or recommended by local regulations, or as and when directed by the Company
- You shall always be properly and decently attired and exhibit good mannerism as well as communicate to your passengers politely.
- Avoid violence and aggressive behaviour at all times. With safety and security as its key pillar, the Company does not condone any form of violence or aggression. Drivers must not exhibit aggressive behaviour, including getting into verbal disputes with passengers, using vulgarity or insinuation or making threats or physical blows with the passenger. In the event of the situation getting out of hand, never take matters into your own hands or escalate the tension (i.e. harass or make threats whether the ride is ongoing or has ended). Always choose to report the case to the Company as soon as possible. We aim to serve all parties impartially and will take such actions as appropriate.
- You are strictly forbidden from committing any form of sexual offence, including making lewd comments/ texts, sexual harassment, unwanted physical contact, unlawful restraint, drugging, molestation and rape. These are criminal offences under the law and a serious violation of the Company’s safety policy. Offenders will be prosecuted against the law.
- Bear in mind that harassment differs according to societal and personal norms – commenting on appearance, asking overly personal questions and infringing into personal space are generally deemed inappropriate. We urge you to be mindful of other users’ privacy and personal space. Texting your passengers outside of professional grounds is both a form of harassment and a breach to his or her entitlement to personal security and data protection.
- You are prohibited from posting passenger details in public forums including social media sites or sharing contact details. This is a violation of the Personal Data Protection Act.
- Being in a social ride-sharing environment, you are encouraged to provide assistance to handicapped passengers especially when boarding or alighting your vehicle to provide a good experience for your passengers.
- To preserve the quality of the experience in a ride-sharing environment, you should refrain from carrying any animals as it may put your passenger in distress. If carrying an animal is unavoidable, you shall keep the animal properly muzzled and restrained and keep the passenger informed once you have accepted the booking.
- You shall accede to reasonable requests from your passengers such as lowering the air-conditioning or radio volume
- With regard to visually impaired passengers who are accompanied by their guide dogs, you are encouraged to accept such bookings if it doesn’t offend the tenets of your religion.
- Knowledge of traffic conditions such as road constructions, major accidents or outdoor events which may delay a trip is both cost and time-saving and you are encouraged to plan ahead and always be alert to such developments
- In the event your passenger leaves behind his/her belongings (including cash) in your vehicle, you are required to return it to the passenger urgently or through the Company’s Customer Service.
- Do not solicit passengers to make personal or extra booking arrangements, or tout for passengers from a road, parking space or a public stand. This is against the Law and goes against our principle of recommending the best vehicle incidental to all commuters’ travel plans. You will also be depriving your passengers from getting a ride in the most efficient way. Your services hereunder shall be secured strictly via the GrabHitch Application only.
- Honour all bookings which you accept. This is very important in building passenger confidence and encourages more passengers to use our platform. If you are unable to honour the booking for any reason, inform the passenger as soon as possible, and cancel the booking to allow the passenger to make alternative arrangements.
- Drivers are required to inform the passenger in advance if there are other passengers sharing the ride. You are encouraged to confirm with your passenger the number of people expected, timing and location of the pick-up to prevent any miscommunication. Some passengers may not be comfortable with the idea and may choose to cancel the booking. We believe open communication is key to a great carpool experience.
- Do not transfer a job to other drivers. If you are unable to pick up a passenger due to an emergency, please call the passenger immediately before cancelling the booking. You are strongly encouraged not to cancel jobs except in an emergency (e.g. car breakdown)
- You shall not refuse to provide services based on a person’s race, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sex, marital status, gender identity, age or any other characteristic protected under law. This type of behavior can result in termination of user access to the GrabHitch platform. It is disrespectful to make derogatory or discriminatory remarks about a person or group whether or not the passenger belongs to the group.
- Drivers are allowed to accept multiple GrabHitch bookings per trip under the GrabHitch application only, should passenger routes be convenient. These terms do not apply for GrabCar or GrabTaxi applications.
- Collect the correct fare as dictated by the Grab application. Be aware of any ongoing promotions, and methods of payment i.e. cash or GrabPay. Setting of your own fares are strictly prohibited.
- Wait for your passenger to arrive at the pick-up point. Driving off without waiting for them provides a very negative experience for your customer. Please call your passenger after waiting for 5 minutes to confirm if they still require a ride. Please inform the passenger and our Customer Service if you are unable to wait further.
- Use the application appropriately. Select:
- “I’m Here” when you have reached your passenger’s pick up location;
- “Pick Up” when your passenger has boarded your vehicle;
- “Drop Off” once you have reached your passenger’s destination prior to collecting the fare from your passenger.
- Adherence to the steps above are crucial in order for you to receive potential notifications about incentives or promotions from GrabHitch.
- Do not end the trip before providing the ride as this may be considered as fraud.
- Provide an honest service. Any form of cheating (e.g. Failure to return the full balance to passengers or requesting for full payments during promotional periods) or suspected fraudulent activity is prohibited and will trigger further investigation from the Company, as we reserve the right to ensure all transactions are genuine.
- You are strictly prohibited from contacting your passenger through any channel or platforms unless it is to facilitate a successful pick-up, to inform the passenger that you have found an item they have lost and or if they have allowed you to do so.
- Passengers are entitled to bring other friends, colleagues, family members with them during their journey, as long as there is sufficient space within the driver’s vehicle. No additional fee should be charged by the driver for this service as fares are per booking. Drivers have the right to refuse the booking if they have arranged multiple bookings and therefore cannot accommodate the additional passengers.
- You shall not request passengers to change payment method after accepting a job. The mode of payment is fixed upon acceptance of booking.
- Relay emergency information to the Company promptly. We want to help in all matters.
- If at any time you feel that you are faced with a situation that requires immediate emergency attention, please call the emergency service number in your area. Once all parties are safe and the situation has been handled by the authorities, please then notify the Company. We will assist and take appropriate action as needed, including cooperating with law enforcement.
CONTINUING TRAINING AND IMPROVEMENT
- Be open to feedback. At the Company, we are committed to continual improvement to service standards.
- The Company implements a two-way passenger and driver feedback system, as well as a mystery passenger audit system. We also enforce continual evaluation of a driver’s suitability and performance, and provide feedback accordingly. In most cases, we aim to work together with the driver via feedback sessions, training events, workshops and audits etc. Results from these efforts depend on receptivity of the driver.
- The Company maintains a zero-tolerance policy regarding all infringements and violations of this Code of Conduct and the Driver acknowledges that this may result in suspension or termination of user access to the Grab platform
GRAB RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PENALIZE, THROUGH (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO) ACCOUNT DEACTIVATION, WITHHOLDING/ REDUCTION/ FORFEIT OF DRIVER INCENTIVES/ CREDITS, SUSPENSION OR PERMANENT BANNING TO ANY DRIVER WHO VIOLATES OUR CODE OF CONDUCT. OFFENDERS AGAINST THE LAW WILL BE REPORTED ACCORDINGLY TO THE AUTHORITIES.
General Penalties are as follow:
Booking & Cancellation Offenses
Offenses concerning Fares and Payments
Gaming & Fraud Offenses
Up to $1,000 fine AND permanent ban
D & E
Passenger Experience, Safety or Security Offences
Permanent ban and legal action taken based on Company’s discretion
Cashouts for cases under investigation will be withheld until the investigation is completed and driver is absolved of any wrongdoing. Notwithstanding the above, repeat offenders will be permanently banned and prohibited from entering Grab premises. The Company reserves the right to institute such legal action as it deems necessary without any further notice to the offender, and in such cases, the offender will be made liable for all legal costs incurred by the Company. We further reserve the right to inform our personnel and visitors of the identity of these drivers.
By usage of the GrabHitch platform, I acknowledge and declare that:
- I have read and understood the Driver’s Code of Conduct and the Terms and Conditions for GrabHitch Drivers and that I have also been reminded to regularly review it at https://www.grab.com/sg/terms/driver/.
- I will be solely responsible for any and all liability, which results or is alleged as a result of the operation of my motor vehicle/passenger vehicle and/or taxi/passenger delivery service, including, but not limited to personal injuries, death and property damages.
- I also stand culpable for damages sustained by the Company if I am found to have contravened any of the clauses in the Driver’s Code of Conduct.
- I understand and agree that Company has the right to take such appropriate actions against me, including suspending or terminating my access to the GrabHitch Application in the event I breach any of the clauses of this Driver’s Code of Conduct.