Contributing to Medisave is an important part of everyone’s financial planning, especially to ensure sufficient funds for an unexpected medical situation. On top of that, it is actually a requirement for the application and renewal of Taxi Driver Vocational Licence (TDVL) and Private Hire Driver Vocational Licence (PDVL).
As part of Grab’s partners’ welfare efforts, GrabCar is happy to announce that we are extending the Medisave Matching Programme, which has been updated and will start on Sept 2018. Grab will match our qualifying partner’s Medisave contributions up to $100(see below tables for details) to help make sure you are well covered in the future!
Grab’s Medisave Match Contribution takes into consideration the following elements:
- Your actual monthly contribution to Medisave
- Depending on your contribution to your Medisave account, Grab will match the amount (up to the cap as described in point 2 below).
- Your Emerald Circle Tier and Grab’s monthly Medisave Match Contribution Cap
- The cap amounts cannot be exceeded on a monthly basis, even if your average contribution over the course of a year is equal to Grab’s cap.
Interested? Visit us at Grab@Sin Ming to register now!
Grab will then liase with CPF on a quarterly basis to determine the amount contributed and transfer the appropriate amount directly into your Medisave account.
To be eligible, meet all of the criteria below:
- Completed registration process within the month (4-5 weeks period based on Monday to Sunday)
- Minimum weekly Acceptance Rate of 90%
- Maximum weekly Cancellation Rate of 10%
- Minimum weekly Driver Rating of 4.3 stars.
- Completed a minimum of 80 rides per week
- Contributed to your own Medisave account for the same month
- Self employed (e.g. not employed by a chauffeured services company)
Partners that meet all of the above criteria will receive Grab’s co-contributions one month after the calendar quarter ends (e.g. Amount of Jan – Mar will be made by late April)
Please note that the following example assumes a partner has met all eligibility criteria every month.
How to read the table:
- In April, you paid $1500 in commission, making you eligible to receive UP TO $30 (2% of commission) from Grab.
- Emerald partners: Because you contributed $100 to your Medisave, Grab will contribute $7.50 (0.5% of commission).
- Ruby/Sapphire partners: Because you contributed $100 to your Medisave, Grab will contribute $15 (1% of commission).
- Diamond partners: Because you contributed $100 to your Medisave, Grab will contribute $30 (2% of commission).
- In May, you paid $1000 in commission, making you eligible to receive UP TO $10 (2% of commission) from Grab.
- Emerald partners: Because you contributed $10 to your Medisave, Grab will contribute $5 (0.5% of commission).
- Ruby/Sapphire partners: Because you contributed $10 to your Medisave, Grab will contribute $10 (1% of commission).
- Diamond partners: Because you contributed $10 to your Medisave, Grab will match your contribution of $10.
- In June, you paid $1000 in commission. However, you did not contribute to your medisave, making you ineligible to receive a contribution from Grab.
- This applies to all tiers.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Are all GrabCar partners automatically on this scheme? If not, how do I sign-up?
A: All interested partners need to register at Grab@Sin Ming:
- For all new partners: It will be part of your registration process when you visit Grab@Sin Ming
- For all existing partners: Please head to Block 28, Midview City, #01-143
Q: I am currently on the GrabCar Medisave Programme as I signed-up last year. Do I need to sign-up again?
A: If you have previously registered with us before, you do not need to re-register. The match percentage and cap will automatically change (as per the information shown above) as of September 2018.
Q: I am a GrabTaxi partner. Am I eligible for this programme?
A: This programme is open to GrabCar partners only.
Q: Why do I need to contribute to Medisave?
A: Medisave is a national healthcare savings scheme that was established with the intention to help every Singaporean prepare for accidents that could potentially deplete their savings through costly medical bills. As a Grab partner, we want to ensure that you will be well covered for any future costs, hence our Medisave Programme. Read more on the CPF website or click here for a summary.
Q: When will I receive Grab’s co-contribution?
A: Grab will process the co-contribution directly into your Medisave account once after every 3 months (of the calendar quarter). For example, the co-contribution for January to March will be consolidated and processed by late April.
Q: I have forgotten to contribute to my Medisave in September. Am I able to contribute more this month to cover for the month that I have missed?
A: No, as Grab’s co-contribution depends on your contributions made within the month. However, you are free to contribute as much as you think is necessary.
Q: Can I ask for a refund of the Medisave contribution?
A: Medisave contributions once credited cannot be refunded or adjusted.
Q: I thought CPF contributions are made by employee and the Company? By participating in this co-contribution scheme, does that mean I am now an employee of Grab?
A: No, as your status as an independent contractor remains unchanged. Your participation in this scheme, and Grab’s matching contribution are both made on voluntary basis as permitted under the CPF Act.
Q: How do I check the current amount of contribution in my Medisave account? Can Grab help me process Medisave transactions?
A: As access to your Medisave account is confidential and managed by the Central Provident Fund (CPF) Board, please contact CPF via:
- Web: https://www.cpf.gov.sg/
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call: 1800-227-1188
- Visit: Please refer to https://www.cpf.gov.sg/Members/Contact/visit-us for CPF locations
Please note that Grab’s co-contributions are made only a month after the Quarter ends.
For the list of all GrabCar Partner benefits, click here.