From their warm greetings despite long hours on the road, to navigating through traffic so we can get to our families safely, we want to recognise our drivers for truly going the distance and foregoing time with their families to get us to our reunions this Chinese New Year.
On the 26-27 of January, join us in thanking them with a simple note from you and an ang bao from us. A small gesture goes a long way to brighten up their day.
Just follow these simple steps and we’ll take care of the rest:
1. Book a ride with the promo code XIEXIE.
2. Under the notes section, pen a thank-you note to your driver.
3. Enjoy your ride with the added goodwill.
4. Your driver receives an $8.88 ang bao from Grab together with your heartfelt note.
Terms and conditions:
• Limited to 5,500 ang baos daily from 26 – 27 January 2017.
• No usage limit per user.
• Grab will cover the full value of $8.88 for each ang bao.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. How do i give an ang bao?
Take a ride anywhere on a GrabCar, GrabShare, GrabCar Premium, or GrabTaxi from 26-27 Jan and enter the code XIEXIE, as well as a note of thanks to your driver. Your driver will then receive a message on his app informing him of your gift and with your note.
2. How much is each ang bao?
Each ang bao will gift the value of $8.88 to the driver.
3. How many ang baos can i give?
There is no usage limit per user. You can gift one ang bao for each ride taken over the two days, with a limit of 5,500 ang baos given per day island-wide.
4. When can i give the ang baos?
Promo codes have to be entered at the booking screen before rides are taken.
5. Will I be charged for the ang baos i give to my Grab driver?
Giving your driver an ang bao is free, and no amount will be deducted from your ride or card for your gift.
6. Can I give my GrabHitch driver an ang bao?
Unfortunately this promo is not valid for GrabHitch rides.
7. Can I use another promo code on top of giving an ang bao?
Unfortunately no other promo codes can be used along with your gift to your driver.
8. How many different types of ang baos are there to give my driver?
To make things easy for you (and us!) we’ve only introduced one type of ang bao to gift your driver with.
9. The promo code doesn’t work for me
Make sure you have the newest version of the app, or call customer service for more information.
General Terms and Conditions:
- “Thank your driver with an Ang Bao” (“the Campaign”) is organised by Grab Pte Ltd. (“the Organiser”) and is open to all Grab users.
- By entering the campaign, you represent you have read, understood and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions of entry and you acknowledge and agree to be legally bound by these terms and conditions and decisions of the judges and organiser without limitation or qualification. You further agree that all decisions of the organiser shall be final and conclusive.
- The campaign will run from 26-27 January 2017, Grab Pte Ltd reserves the sole and absolute right to alter or end the contest at any time, without giving prior notice or compensate in cash or in kind.
- Grab Pte Ltd reserves the sole and absolute right to disqualify any participant or reject participants deemed ineligible for the campaign (be it under these Terms & Conditions or has engaged in a conduct that the organiser considers inappropriate or unacceptable).
- Grab Pte Ltd reserves the sole and absolute right to withdraw, amend and/or alter any part or the whole terms and conditions of this campaign at any time without giving any prior notice to the participants.
- Grab Pte Ltd decisions in any matter in relation to the campaign shall be final and conclusive. Any request for appeal and review shall not be entertained.
- Grab Pte Ltd shall not be liable for any claims by the participants or be accountable for third-party claims or losses of any nature, including but not limited to, loss of profits, punitive, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages or for other damages and any related claims of any nature, including direct, indirect, third party, consequential or other damages resulting from or related to this contest.
- Grab Pte Ltd shall not be responsible or liable for any claims of loss or damage to property or any personal injury or loss of life resulting from or related to this contest. Participants acknowledge and agree that Grab Pte Ltd reserves the rights to disqualify any entry if it is in breach of its obligations or any terms and conditions of this contest.
- Grab Pte Ltd does not take any responsibility in the case of an event that may prevent the participants from participating in the campaign, as a result of certain technical restrictions or other limitations specific or force majeure, which include but not limited to regulatory events, government directive, government intervention and act of God etc.
- All photographs, personal information and names submitted in the campaign, will be deemed as property of Grab Pte Ltd and may be used for publicity, advertising, trade or promotion purposes in any media without obtaining any prior consent or payment from the participant.