We have noticed a trend of very low ARs among some partners. This behaviour results in a bad experience for everyone: longer wait times between jobs, slower job allocations, and far away pick-up points.
To improve the experience for you, Grab is introducing a minimum AR requirement of 30% that encourages all partners to accept jobs whenever online. This means you’ll receive jobs faster so more of your time is spent earning fares!
If your AR is already above 30%, thank you so much! This new policy will not affect you.
Terms & Conditions
To track your overall weekly AR, please refer to the tracker provided in your Driver App Incentives page – titled “For Reference Only: Weekly AR Floor“.
- The above table takes into account the overall weekly AR across all service types. Including JustGrab / GrabCar / GrabShare / GrabFamily (4-seater) / GrabFamily (6-seater) / GrabCar Premium / 6-seater (Economy) / 6 seater (Premium)
- Harsher actions will be taken against repeated offenders.
- The number of times Partner has an AR < 30% is counted yearly. It will be refreshed on 1 Jan 2019, 00:00hrs .
A friendly reminder…
- Grab job cards will always communicate all information you need (Destination, Fares) upfront at any AR level.
- If you are unable to take jobs, please remember to switch to offline so your AR and CR will not be affected.
- Partners should also maintain a Cancellation Rating (CR) of less than 15%
- According to our goodwill credit policy, should passengers be a “no show”, Grab will compensate you with $2 credit. Read more about the Passenger cancellation policy here.
Let’s work together to make it a pleasant Grab experience for everyone.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Why did Grab implement a Weekly AR requirement?
At Grab, we place a heavy emphasis on ensuring that everyone has a pleasant experience with us. There are 2 groups of people who are affected by low ARs:
- Partners who have to wait for an extra long time to receive a job, and also have to travel further for pick up destinations.
- Passengers who have to book multiple times because no one accepts their jobs.
Hence, this rule was put in place to eliminate such problems and improve the experience for passengers and partners alike.
Q: How does the Weekly AR requirement work?
Partners are recommended to maintain a weekly AR of above 30% across all service types to maximise their earnings on the road. Should partners be unable to maintain the rating, a notification will be sent on the Monday of the following week.
Partners who have attained a low AR for the second time will be given a higher commission (maximum 40%) on fares that lasts for a week. Please note that harsher actions will be taken towards repeat offenders.
This count will refresh every calendar year.
Q: How do I track my weekly AR?
Q: Is Grab really looking out for its partners?
Yes, we are. When too many partners have a low AR, it takes longer for jobs to get the partner who’s ready to accept. So you end up spending more time waiting for jobs. We want to prevent that from affecting you.
Our customer service team and trainers are available to help you improve your AR. If you have trouble attaining an AR of above 30%, please head down to Grab @ Sin Ming to meet with our friendly support staff.