Let Grab simplify your daily commute!
Just got off the MRT but can’t get to your office because it’s pouring? Waited for a feeder bus only to find that it’s packed? We’ve been there, the struggle is real alright!
We know your daily commute can be taxing. It takes a lot of effort and time. So why add more frustrations to your day when you could just Grab the rest of the way?
From 22 August – 2 September 2016, book a GrabCar to or from any MRT station on the North-South or North-East line to enjoy $5 off your next 5 GrabCar rides. Use promo code WHYWALK. But hurry, it’s limited to 5,000 rides daily.
How to claim my discounted GrabCar rides!
- Download the Grab app from the App Store or Google Play and register your account.
- On the booking screen, select your pick-up and drop-off points. Do note that, in order to qualify for this promotion, your pick-up or drop-off points have to be an MRT station along the North-South or North-East line. For example, if you’d like to go to Bishan, please enter Bishan MRT as your drop-off point.
- Choose the GrabCar (Eco) vehicle type and choose your preferred payment method.
- Enter the promo code WHYWALK in the promo code field.
- Tap ‘Book’ and enjoy $5 off your ride.
- Upon successful booking, you’ll automatically receive a $5 discount off your fare.
Campaign Terms and Conditions:
- Campaign runs till 2 Sept 2016.
- Either pick-up or drop-off points have to be an eligible MRT station.
- Eligible MRT stations refer to those along the North-South or North-East line.
- Eligible for both new and existing users who book a GrabCar (Economy).
- Limited to 5,000 redemptions per day.
- Cancellation of a successful booking disqualifies you from using the promo code again.
- Only eligible on latest version of the app.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Do I need a promo code to qualify for this promotion?
Yes. Please use the promo code WHYWALK.
2. Why can’t I use my promo code?
For the promo code to work, you need update your app to the latest version, choose the GrabCar (Eco) vehicle type, and ensure that either of your pick up or drop off points are MRT stations along the North-South or North-East line.
Do note that you can only redeem this promo code during the campaign period.
3. How do I know if I’m eligible for this promotion?
Both new and existing users are eligible for this promotion. If you are unsure of your eligibility, key in the promo code WHYWALK and check if it activates for you. If it works, you can participate in this promotion.
4. I am eligible for the promotion. How do I claim my discounted ride?
On the main booking screen, please ensure that either your pick-up or drop-off locations are MRT stations along the North-South or North-East line.
For example, the following pick-up or drop-off locations will get you your discounted ride.
Pick-up: Bedok Mall | Drop-off: Serangoon MRT Station
Pick-up: Bishan MRT Station | Drop-off: 138 Cecil Street
For ease of reference, please refer to the following MRT stations that qualify for the promotion:
Jurong East MRT, Bukit Batok MRT, Bukit Gombak MRT, Choa Chu Kang MRT, Yew Tee MRT, Kranji MRT, Marsiling MRT, Woodlands MRT, Admiralty MRT, Sembawang MRT, Yishun MRT, Khatib MRT, Yio Chu Kang MRT, Ang Mo Kio MRT, Bishan MRT, Braddell MRT, Toa Payoh MRT, Novena MRT, Newton MRT, Orchard MRT, Somerset MRT, Dhoby Ghaut MRT, City Hall MRT, Raffles Place MRT, Marina Bay MRT, Marina South Pier MRT, Punggol MRT, Sengkang MRT, Buangkok MRT, Hougang MRT, Kovan MRT, Serangoon MRT, Woodleigh MRT, Potong Pasir MRT, Boon Keng MRT, Farrer Park MRT, Little India MRT, Clarke Quay MRT, Chinatown MRT, Outram Park MRT, HarbourFront MRT.
5. Is the fare indicated when I make the booking already discounted?
No. The fare your see in the app is the full fare. The discount will be applied after the booking is confirmed, and the discounted fare will be indicated in the e-receipt.
General Terms and Conditions:
- “Hop of the MRT, Hop on Grab” (“the Campaign”) is organised by GrabCar Pte Ltd. (“the Organiser”) and is open to all GrabCar users.
- By entering the campaign, you represent you have read, understood and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions of entry and you acknowledge and agree to be legally bound by these terms and conditions and decisions of the judges and organiser without limitation or qualification. You further agree that all decisions of the organiser shall be final and conclusive.
- The campaign will run till 2 September 2016, GrabCar Pte Ltd reserves the sole and absolute right to alter or end the contest at any time, without giving prior notice or compensate in cash or in kind.
- GrabCar Pte Ltd reserves the sole and absolute right to disqualify any participant or reject participants deemed ineligible for the campaign (be it under these Terms & Conditions or has engaged in a conduct that the organiser considers inappropriate or unacceptable).
- GrabCar Pte Ltd reserves the sole and absolute right to withdraw, amend and/or alter any part or the whole terms and conditions of this campaign at any time without giving any prior notice to the participants.
- GrabCar Pte Ltd decisions in any matter in relation to the campaign shall be final and conclusive. Any request for appeal and review shall not be entertained.
- GrabCar Pte Ltd reserves the right to substitute and replace the prizes offered with another prize of equal or higher value.
- GrabCar Pte Ltd shall not be liable for any claims by the participants or be accountable for third-party claims or losses of any nature, including but not limited to, loss of profits, punitive, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages or for other damages and any related claims of any nature, including direct, indirect, third party, consequential or other damages resulting from or related to this contest.
- GrabCar Pte Ltd shall not be responsible or liable for any claims of loss or damage to property or any personal injury or loss of life resulting from or related to this contest. Participants acknowledge and agree that GrabCar Pte Ltd reserves the rights to disqualify any entry if it is in breach of its obligations or any terms and conditions of this contest.
- GrabCar Pte Ltd does not take any responsibility in the case of an event that may prevent the participants from participating in the campaign, as a result of certain technical restrictions or other limitations specific or force majeure, which include but not limited to regulatory events, government directive, government intervention and act of God etc.
- All photographs, personal information and names submitted in the campaign, will be deemed as property of GrabCar Pte Ltd and may be used for publicity, advertising, trade or promotion purposes in any media without obtaining any prior consent or payment from the participant.