You can now opt-in for meals to be delivered in reusable containers!
GrabFood is partnering with muuse, a membership-based service that aims to reduce waste and enable more environmentally friendly deliveries. With muuse, you can opt-in to use reusable containers from participating merchants. Read on to find out how it works.
HOW DO I JOIN?
Making an impact starts with a small act:
- Download the muuse app and subscribe
- Launch the Grab app and select “Food”
- Select a participating merchant and choose your meal
- Before adding to your basket, select “Deliver in Muuse Reusable Container”
- Complete the order and wait for it to arrive
- Scan the container’s QR code with the muuse app upon receipt and enjoy your order
- When you’re done, clean and return the container within 14 days* to any participating merchant which can be found on the muuse app or from their website
Muuse’s service is free for the first month for all first time users – and exclusively for GrabFood users, you can enjoy 50% off muuse’s subscription fee by applying the discount voucher GRAB50 when you sign up on muuse. We hope you’ll join us in reducing waste by opting in for reusable containers today!
(*Note: muuse will always notify you via email when your container is overdue. If you still do not return the container, you will be charged $25 for the cost of each container)
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: What is muuse and how is GrabFood involved?
A: Muuse is an environmental startup with the mission to fight single-use packaging waste. muuse has created a membership-based system of reusable cups and food boxes for takeaway and delivery across Singapore. As part of our pilot programme, GrabFood is partnering with muuse and participating merchants with the aim of reducing single-use food packaging in our deliveries by providing an option to opt-in to muuse reusable containers.
Q: Why should I opt in for muuse reusable containers and how does it help the environment?
A: We believe that every act matters and small, daily choices can have a big impact on our planet. By returning and reusing containers, this would directly reduce resource usage and prevent single-use packaging waste leakage into the environment.
Q: How does it work?
A: As muuse is a membership-based service, you will need to ensure you are subscribed to muuse first before proceeding. Through the muuse platform, you will have unlimited access to borrow reusable containers when you walk-in and via delivery on GrabFood with participating merchants.
Muuse charges a membership fee of $5/month or $42/year for this service but first time users will be able to enjoy the service for one month for free. Plus, exclusively for GrabFood users, enjoy 50% off your muuse membership fee by applying the one-time discount voucher GRAB50 when you sign up on the muuse app. This is available on the annual membership, or, with the monthly membership (for the subsequent month). If you are not subscribed yet and would like to do so, please click here for more information.
To order with muuse reusable containers on GrabFood:
- Participating merchants will have a “Zero Waste Packaging” option as part of the menu item in GrabFood.
- When you are adding menu items to your basket, simply opt-in to “Deliver in muuse reusable container” for each item before you place your order.
- Upon receipt of your order, please scan the QR code found on the muuse reusable container and enjoy your meal!
- Kindly wash the containers and return to any of muuse’s participating merchants which can be found on the muuse app or here. Most locations will accept both cups and food boxes, but some may only take one type of container. Check the location page to see whether cups or boxes are available to borrow and return at each outlet.
*Note: You have 14 days to return the container. muuse will always notify you via email when your container is overdue. If you still do not return the container, you will be charged $25 for the cost of each container.
Q: Where can I order meals with muuse reusable containers on GrabFood?
A: Current participating merchants are:
Burn – Woodfired Restaurant & Bar
O’ Coffee Club – Terminal 3
O’Coffee Club – Academia @ SGH
O’Coffee Club – Jurong Point
O’Coffee Club – Marina Square
O’Coffee Club – Northpoint Mall
O’Coffee Club – Raffles City
O’Coffee Club – Seletar Mall
O’Coffee Club – Sengkang Hospital
O’Coffee Club – Jewel Roastery
Penang Kitchen (Coronation Arcade)
Penang Kitchen (Far East Plaza)
Create Healthy Lifestyle
As we’re actively recruiting merchants for this pilot programme, do check back for future updates!
Q: Does muuse reusable containers include cutlery?
A: Muuse reusable containers only comprise food boxes and cups at this point in time.
Q: Do I need to wash the containers?
A: Kindly wash the containers with soap and water before returning. Note that all containers will be thoroughly washed again following strict government regulation that applies to all dine-in crockery by the restaurants before reusing. You can find more information on this here.
Q: Can I heat up my food in the muuse reusable containers in a microwave?
A: No, the containers are not suitable to be used in microwaves, ovens, stovetops, or other browning elements.
Q: How do I know if the container is washed and cleaned?
A: Similar to dine-in cups and plates, all muuse reusable containers are professionally washed by participating merchants following strict government regulation that applies to all dine-in crockery. You can find more information on this here.