GrabCar Fares, now better than ever!
Starting from 6 December, 12:00 noon, GrabCar fares will be increased!
Based on feedback from our partners, GrabCar’s upfront fixed fares will now also be determined by estimated travel time (on top of trip distance and passenger demand). This means you get paid more during peak hour traffic conditions, as the longer travel time will have been considered in calculating the fare. As usual, you’ll see the fixed fare before you accept the job.
Here are the new GrabCar fares:
*No change to ERP, waiting time & additional stop surcharges.
*High demand surcharges may apply
For example, here’s how the new fares for GrabCar Economy 4-seater will impact the Usual Fare for trips taken at noon:
GrabShare is Finally Here!
Earn 1.5x More with Special Incentives
GrabShare is now available to all Grab users, so expect more bookings in December!
What is GrabShare?
- Hassle-free experience with maximum of 2 bookings at a time. This means you won’t receive any more GrabShare bookings until you’ve dropped off BOTH passengers.
- Flat commission rate so you keep all the upside!: Grab commissions remain at 20% even for matched rides.
- Counts towards your trip incentives: All GrabShare rides are also eligible for your trip incentives. So keep taking GrabShare rides and earn more.
- Earn more with 1.5X GrabShare fare top up: This week, on top of trip incentives, Grab will top up all GrabShare fares by another 50%. No AR/CR/DR criteria for this incentive.
- Shorter waiting time for passenger no show goodwill credit: As GrabShare has a shorter maximum waiting time than GrabCar, $2 credit is paid for “No-shows” reported via the driver app 8 minutes after the trip is assigned (instead of 10 minutes for GrabCar). For passenger cancellations, the same policy as GrabCar applies for the passenger cancellation goodwill credit (5 minutes after trip assigned) .
What do you need to do to start driving with GrabShare?
Nothing! You have been automatically activated onto GrabShare, so you can start earning more with GrabShare immediately. Show passengers you’re a 5-star driver by learning all about GrabShare here.
Your support as we launch this product is important for it to be a success. We appreciate you trying it out & giving us your feedback as we work to continuously improve.
Enjoy 1.5x earnings with GrabShare Incentives!
This week, if you complete a $20 GrabShare ride, Grab will top up the fare by another $10 so you earn $30 in total fares!
- This incentive applies to every GrabShare ride, both matched and unmatched.
- Complete the training here to be eligible for this incentive.
- No AR/CR/DR criteria for this incentive, but do note that GrabShare bookings will affect your AR/CR/DR for normal GrabCar incentives.
- The usual 20% commission applies to the fare top up.
Some things to remember:
- Check the top left of a job card to know its a GrabShare job.
- Remind your passenger it is a GrabShare booking & they might have to share the ridewith another passenger.
- You only need to wait a maximum of 3 minutes at each pickup point for GrabShare bookings.
- Follow the drop-off sequence in the app & inform your passengers of the order of drop-off.
- Your passengers will share all toll charges incurred during the trip.
GrabCar / GrabShare Incentives Terms & Conditions
- If there are repeated passengers, only the trip that occurs first will be considered
- Jobs outside of Singapore are not allowed and do not count.
- For any fare top up by Grab, the usual Grab commissions apply. This includes GrabShare 1.5X fare incentives.
- Do note that GrabShare bookings will affect AR/CR/DR for GrabCar incentives
- Always maintain a driver rating of at least 4.3 stars & abide by GrabCar’s Code of Conduct . Grab reserves the sole & absolute right to forfeit incentives & suspend accounts of Partners whose (i) driver ratings fall below 4.3 (ii) cancellation rates exceed 15% (iii) display conduct that Grab considers inappropriate or unacceptable. Grab’s decision is final and conclusive – requests for appeal and review will not be entertained.
- Grab reserves the right to withdraw, amend and/or alter any part or the whole terms and conditions of driver incentives at any time without prior notice.