Have you heard about GrabHitch?
GrabHitch is a social ride sharing platform that matches you with people who are going along the same route. As a driver, you can choose who to tompang on your ride, from destinations chosen by you so there is no additional hassle and everything is to your convenience! GrabHitch currently does not take any commission from drivers who use the platform, so you get to keep the whole fare that you see!
Just to get you started on this awesome service, GrabHitch is giving away a $30 NTUC Fairprice voucher when you sign up and complete one ride as a GrabHitch driver!
*Terms and Conditions Apply.
Signing up with GrabHitch only takes 3 minutes!
Anyone with a valid license who is driving to and from a location can sign up as a GrabHitch driver regardless of the registration of the car. No commercial insurance, additional briefing or registration is required. You are not a taxi driver so there is absolutely no obligation to do rides on a regular basis. Every GrabHitch ride you do is completely voluntary and up to your own schedule!
How to sign up as a driver
- Click on the BLUE Drive Icon at the GrabHitch tab to sign up as a driver
- Upload photos of your driving license (front and back) and a selfie
- Input your vehicle details. You MUST enter the referral code HITCHGROCERIES to get your $30 NTUC Fairprice voucher.
Your application will be approved in 1-3 business days and you can start GrabHitching!
At GrabHitch, we believe that Sharing is Caring. Share your ride with someone else who is going the same way and meet new people who live around you! Who knows what a trip to the grocery store with a Hitch might bring?
5 Tips you didn’t know that will make your grocery shopping a whole lot healthier and happier!
1. You can GrabHitch to the grocery store!
What other way to recover some petrol costs on the way, without any additional hassle? Pick a passenger who is going along the same direction and you might just end up with a new grocery buddy! It takes about 2 minutes of your time to create a route just before you leave and look for passengers who are going along the same direction. If you make just one GrabHitch ride to the grocery store every week over a month, you stand to receive at least $40! ($10 per trip x 4 weeks) That’s almost half a tank of petrol without any additional inconvenience – since you are going the same way anyway!
2. Minimize your cart by 65% when you shop alone!
About 65% of the items in our baskets when we group shop are unplanned, an 8% point increase over shopping alone. You are also more approachable and willing to speak with others when you are alone as compared to when you with a group of friends! Use this time to meet new people, people are usually more open to friendly conversations in informal settings – like the supermarket. What better place to share little tips on how to choose items, trade interesting recipes or even share supermarket coupons!
3. Read Labels
You should know what you are putting into your body. If the food label has an ingredient that you do not understand or know the purpose for, it is not advisable to get that item. You are better off making it from scratch or looking for an alternative! Some tips when looking at nutritional labels are to compare each product by serving size, look at calories and %Daily Value amounts. Healthier options to opt for are typically products with less saturated fat, salt (sodium), added sugars and kilojoules per 100gm, and more fibre per serve.
4. Plan what you want to eat for the week before shopping!
Build a list of items that you need from the menu that you have prepared for the week and make sure you stick with only the items you intended to purchase. This allows you to look at what you already have in the pantry to avoid buying duplicate products that you do not need; and also keep a look out for online discounts and deals on the items that you have already pre-planned to purchase. Interestingly enough, Money Magazine also mentioned that the average person tosses out about 25% of groceries – imagine how much money you can potentially save if you plan your shopping list beforehand!
5. Do not shop when you are hungry
Hunger fills your cart with items that you do not need! Forbes research shows that people who shopped when they were hungry spent 64% more than people who were less hungry. Never go to the grocery store hungry, you will end up buying tons of things that are not on your list and you are also more likely to be irritable while shopping!
Bonus Tip: Bring your own shopping bag!
Terms and Conditions:
- This incentive is only eligible for new drivers who sign up and successfully complete 1 Hitch ride as a driver between 1st June 2017 @ 00:00 hours – 30th June 2017 @ 23:59 hours.
- New drivers must sign up with the referral code HITCHGROCERIES in order to qualify for the $30 NTUC Fairprice voucher incentive.
- The processing of the $30 NTUC Fairprice voucher incentive will only be conducted after the incentive period has ended (post-30th June 2017).
- Please allow up to 10 working days for the vouchers to be processed and sent to you.
- GrabHitch reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at anytime without prior notice.
For further questions with regards to GrabHitch, email us at email@example.com with the Subject: HITCHGROCERIES.