Celebrate Freedom this National Day!
Happy National Day! As Singapore’s preferred ride-sharing app, we celebrate 51 years of FREEDOM for this special place we call home. As we celebrate, we hope you also love the FREEDOM of driving with GRAB – always knowing your destination & fare in advance, with no complex online hours or trip per hour requirements.
This National Day, demand and road conditions are expected to be different. To help you earn more, GRAB has prepared a special hour-by-hour guide of the best earning times, locations & incentives!
Early Morning (0000-0659)
Demand is expected to be much higher than usual. Similar to Saturday, demand will be high in the party & clubbing areas, such as CBD, Clarke Quay & Sentosa.
From 0000-0659, your average fare guarantees are also focused on these busy areas.
- Within CBD, Harbourfront & Sentosa (in GREEN) : Collect at least $35 fares to receive $16 per trip fare guarantee
- All other areas: Collect at least $20 fares to receive $10 per trip fare guarantee
Late Morning & Afternoon (0700-1629)
- All areas: $10 per trip fare guarantee
Early Evening (1630-1859)
During this time, demand is expected to be VERY HIGH as Singaporeans travel to NDP & dinner. The busiest areas and highest fares are in: Tanglin, Novena, Bukit Merah, Queenstown, Bukit Timah, Sentosa.
- Trips from Bukit Timah, Novena, Queenstown, Tanglin, Bukit Merah & Sentosa (in blue): Collect at least $30 fares to receive $18 per trip fare guarantee
- All other areas: Collect at least $20 fares to receive $13 per trip fare guarantee
After the Fireworks (2000-2259)
After the fireworks display ends, demand will be SKY HIGH! Fares will be highest around the Kallang area. Due to road closures, Grab will advise passengers within the cordoned areas to book their trip from Kallang and Mountbatten MRT stations. Other busy areas are Tanjong Rhu, Republic Ave, Beach Rd and Kallang River.
From 2000-2259, your average fare guarantees are also focused on these busy areas.
- Trips from busy areas (in red): Collect at least $50 fares to receive $20 per trip fare guarantee
- All other areas: Collect at least $30 fares to receive $13 per trip fare guarantee
FAQ & Incentive Qualifying Criteria
To qualify for the average fare guarantees, you must collect the required total fares for that time block and area. For example, from 2000-2259, if you collect $70 fares for trips starting within the busy area in red and $20 of fares starting outside of the red area, you will receive $20 average fare guarantees for trips starting from the red area, but no guarantees for trips outside of the red area (as you did not collect at least $30).Please also note total fare refers to fixed price displayed on job card when the trip is assigned. This excludes surcharges for additional stops, waiting time and tolls, etc. If there are repeated passengers, only the trip that occurs first will be considered.
Yes. The qualifying criteria are:
- Acceptance rate (AR): at least 85%
- Cancel rate (CR): below 10%
- Driver rating (DR): At least 4.2
- Your Car: Own car or non-LCR rented car
There is no Trip-Per-Hour or online time requirement. Your incentives are calculated based on trips & fares earned. AR & CR are based on total trips for the week (Monday to Sunday). DR is based on your driver rating on Sunday 2359.
3. How do I maximise this incentive?
Drive as much as possible within the areas where the highest guarantees are offered! Trips just need to start within the zone to qualify – it doesn’t matter where they take you. Once you finish the trip, consider returning to the high guarantee areas to pick up more passengers!
GrabCar Economy Incentives Terms & Conditions
- All fare calculations are based on the fixed price displayed on job card when the trip is assigned. This excludes surcharges for additional stops, waiting time and tolls, etc.
- If there are repeated passengers, only the trip that occurs first will be considered.
- Jobs outside of Singapore are not allowed and do not count.
- For the convenience of drivers, 20% of average fare guarantee incentives will be paid in credit.
- Always maintain a driver rating of more than 4.2 stars & abide by GrabCar’s Code of Conduct (this criteria will be adjusted up to 4.3 stars from 15 August 2016). Grab reserves the sole & absolute right to forfeit incentives & suspend accounts of Partners whose (i) driver ratings fall below 4.2 (ii) cancellation rates exceed 10% (iii) display conduct that Grab considers inappropriate or unacceptable. Grab’s decision is final and conclusive – requests for appeal and review will not be entertained.
- Grab reserves the right to withdraw, amend and/or alter any part or the whole terms and conditions of driver incentives at any time without prior notice.