Grab upholds a Code of Conduct for all driver-partners so that all drivers would have a clear understanding of the legal compliance, safety, security and service standards expected of them.
Because Grab maintains a zero-tolerance policy, infringements can result in suspension or termination of user access to the Grab platform.
Every Grab drivers shall agree to comply fully with this Code of Conduct:
1. COMPLIANCE WITH ALL LAWS, REGULATIONS, POLICIES AND GUIDELINE
- Drivers shall comply with all traffic laws, regulations, rules, policies and guidelines as well as this Code and any further guidelines that may be issued by Grab from time to time.
- Drivers agree not to be involved in any activity that may impair or degrade the reputation of Grab and/or causes disruption to Grab operation or conspire with other drivers or third party with the intention to commit the aforesaid acts.
- Grab maintains a zero-tolerance policy regarding all infringements and can result in suspension or termination of user access to the Grab platform.
- Grab is doing its best to bring driver more jobs. Hence, we need driver support for PROMO CODE jobs. Please honor all PROMO CODE jobs upon receiving the confirmation. In the event drivers are not sure, please check with our customer service team for clarifications.
- Drivers are strictly prohibited against committing any acts with the intention to cheat or defraud Grab whether or not via any ‘Promo Code’ which may cause Grab to suffer losses.
- Drivers are prohibited from taking part in any illegal demonstrations against Grab, being a member of an unregistered association, incite other drivers not to use the Grab application, boycott or threaten to boycott the Grab application or any other acts that may be construed to be against the interest of Grab.
2. PROFESSIONAL AND QUALITY SERVICE
- Drivers shall provide a safe transportation for all passengers. The safety of passengers and drivers on the Grab platform is of utmost concern.
- Grab does not tolerate any consumption of drug or alcohol by drivers while using the Grab application. This is against the law and a serious violation of the Grab‘s safety policy. Furthermore, illegal substances and open containers of alcohol are not permitted in drivers’ vehicles. If a passenger believes a driver may be under the influence of drugs or alcohol, he or she has the right to end the trip immediately and alert customer service.
- Drivers are prohibited from having or keeping weapons of any kind or description in their own vehicle or on driver for any reason whatsoever.
- Grab takes a serious view on reckless driving, which endangers passengers and/or other road users and this includes:-
- Driving against the direction
- Fails to comply with speed limits
- Fails to conform to traffic light
- Using mobile phone without any hands free kit while driving
- Fails to use the indicator signal prior to changing or turning into a junction
- Breaches any other traffic laws
- Drivers are responsible to maintain their own vehicle in a good operating condition, in accordance with the industry safety standards. Drivers should also undergo regular physical health checks as mandated or recommended by local regulations or as and when directed by Grab.
- Drivers shall always be properly and decently attired and exhibit good mannerism as well as communicate with passengers politely.
- Drivers are prohibited from driving without any valid license, insurance policy and/or business licenses or permits required to provide transportation for hire.
- Grab recommend that a driver shall always remind passengers to wear a seatbelt (or helmet as on a motorcycle) while riding.
- Avoid violence and aggressive behavior at all times. With safety and security as its key pillar, Grab does not condone any form of violence or aggression. Drivers must not exhibit aggressive behavior, including getting into verbal disputes with passengers, using vulgarity or insinuation or making threats or physical blows with the passenger. In the event of the situation getting out of hand, never take matters into own hands or escalate the tension (i.e. Harass or make threats, whether the ride is ongoing or has ended). Always choose to report the case to Grab as soon as possible. We aim to serve all parties impartially and will take such actions as appropriate.
- Drivers are strictly forbidden from committing any form of sexual offense, including making lewd comments/ texts, sexual harassment, unwanted physical contact, unlawful restraint, drugging, molestation and rape. These are criminal offenses under the law and a serious violation of the Grab’s safety policy. Offenders will be prosecuted against the law.
- Bear in mind that harassment differs according to society and personal norms – commenting on appearance, asking overly personal questions and infringing into personal space are generally deemed inappropriate. Grab urge drivers to be mindful of other users’ privacy and personal space. Texting passengers outside of professional grounds is both a form of harassment and a breach to his or her entitlement to personal security and data protection.
- As a transport provider, Drivers are encouraged to provide assistance to handicapped passengers, especially when entering or alighting vehicle.
- Drivers shall accede to reasonable requests from passengers such as lowering the air-conditioning or radio volume.
- With regards to visually impaired passengers who are accompanied by their guide dogs, Drivers are encouraged to accept such bookings if it doesn’t offend the tenets of religion.
- Knowledge of traffic conditions such as road constructions, major accidents or outdoor events which may delay a trip is deemed an advantage in their own work and drivers are encouraged to always be alert to such developments.
- In the event passenger leaves behind his/her belongings (including cash) in a vehicle, Drivers are required to return the same to the passenger urgently or through the Grab’s Customer Service.
- Honor a booking that Driver bid for. This is very important in building passenger confidence and encourages more passengers to use Grab platform. More passenger means more jobs for drivers as a whole.
- Do not transfer a job to other drivers. In the event of unable to pick up a passenger due to an emergency, please call the passenger immediately before cancelling the booking. Drivers are strongly encouraged not to cancel jobs except in an emergency (e.g. Car breakdown).
- Wait for passengers to arrive at the pick-up point. Driving off without waiting for them provides a very negative experience for the customer. Please call passenger after waiting for 5 minutes to confirm if they still require a taxi. Please inform the passenger and Customer Service if unable to wait further.
- Do not accept jobs when drivers have another passenger on board as this will increase the waiting time for the next passenger.
- Drivers shall not refuse to provide services based on a person’s race, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sex, marital status, gender identity, age or any other characteristic protected under law. This type of behavior can result in termination of user access to Grab platform. It is disrespectful to make derogatory, or discriminatory remarks about a person or group, whether or not the passenger belongs to the group.
- Do not set own fares (e.g. Charge per trip) as this may be considered as overcharging. Collect the correct fare according to the meter plus other charges as set by respective companies, or the platform.
- Do not solicit passengers to make personal or extra booking arrangements. This goes against Grab principle of assigning the nearest vehicle to the passenger. The driver is also depriving passenger from getting a vehicle in the most efficient way.
- Do not recommend other taxi booking apps to passengers. This practice is annoying and unprofessional to passengers.
- Passengers do appreciate honesty on the part of drivers. Hence, Drivers shall provide service that is based on this principle and acts of cheating, such as failing to give or giving less balance than what a passenger or taking a longer route than necessary (unless there is a valid reason for it or specifically requested by the passenger) is prohibited.
- You are strictly prohibited from contacting your passenger unless it is for purposes related to the job booking made by such passenger.
- Press ‘Drop Off’ / ‘End Job’ only AFTER the passenger has alighted from the taxi.
- Respect your passenger’s privacy. You MUST keep confidential all your passenger’s personal information (i.e. name, mobile number and address) that comes into your possession. Do not disclose or share any of your passenger’s personal information with anyone, whether your friends or family members, or other passengers, drivers or members of the public.
3. EMERGENCY PROCEDURE
- Relay emergency information to Grab promptly. We want to help in all matters.
- If at any time Drivers feel that there are faced with a situation that requires immediate emergency attention, please call the emergency service number in the situation area. Once all parties are safe and the situation has been handled by the authorities, please then notify Grab. We will assist and take appropriate action as needed, including cooperating with law enforcement.
4. CONTINUING TRAINING AND IMPROVEMENT
- Be open to feedback and further training. At Grab, we are committed to continual improvement to service standards.
- Grab implement a two-way passenger and driver feedback system, as well as the mystery passenger audit system. We also enforce continual evaluation of a driver’s suitability and performance, and feedback accordingly. In most cases, we aim to work together with the driver via feedback sessions, training events, workshops and audits etc. Results from these efforts depend on the receptivity of the driver.
- Drivers are required to attend the training sessions that are arranged by Grab or its agents unless an emergency or due to other unavoidable reasons. In such situations, replacement sessions may be arranged at a later date.
All drivers are required to acknowledge and declare that having a full understanding of all clauses stated in the above Driver’s Code of Conduct and solely responsible for any and all liability, which results or is alleged as a result of the operation of motor vehicle/passenger vehicle and/or taxi/passenger delivery service, including, but not limited to personal injuries, death and property damages. Driver also stand culpable for damages sustained by Grab if there are found to have contravened any of the clauses in the Driver’s Code of Conduct.
Furthermore, Drivers shall understand and agree that Grab has the right to take such appropriate actions against drivers, including suspending or terminating the driver access to the Grab application in the event breach of any clauses of this Driver’s Code of Conduct.
Read more about Grab’s quality policy here.
Suggestions or comments? Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org – we look forward to hearing from you.
Last updated on April 26, 2016 I Posted by Grab Safety Team