Rela, short for motorela, is Cagayan de Oro’s version of the iconic Philippine tricycle and has become a unique attraction in the city as well.
Considered as one of the most common modes of transportation even within the city center, Kagay-anon Grabbers can now experience getting a motorela with the use of their smartphones!
From September 22-24, people taking the Divisoria route can book and ride GrabRela for FREE!
Here’s the full mechanics:
1. Open the Grab app
2. Select the GrabRela icon, located beside the GrabTaxi icon.
3. Book from 9AM-12NN and/or 4PM-6PM when you’re around Ayala Centrio Mall
4. Input “CENTRIO MALL” as Pick-up and Drop-off locations (Reminder: Make sure you’re within the area & that pick-up and drop-off locations are the same to make your booking valid)
5. Wait for the confirmation that you have a driver already.
6. Contact your driver to easily locate your rela
7. Enjoy your free GrabRela ride!
*First 20 Grabbers get an exclusive promo code while all participants will be given exclusive Grab freebies!
a. Which route/area does the GrabRela will cover?
- Centrio Mall (Corrales Entrance)
- Agora Market
- Cogon (Shell Station)
- Capistrano, Luna, Tiano, Osmeña, Burgos Streets
- XU Corrales
b. Do I have to wait until the GrabRela gets full?
- No need to wait. Once the Grab app has found you a driver already, contact the driver or we will contact you to help you locate your GrabRela. The GrabRela can leave once you’re onboard.
c. What if I were with other people, do they still have to book through the Grab app?
- You can bring your loved ones or friends with you when booking a GrabRela. They don’t have to book and/or pay too anymore. They can ride a separate GrabRela as long as they book through the app as well.
d. How many people can fit in one rela?
- 6-8 people can fit in one GrabRela.
e. Do I have to pay anything?
- Nope, the GrabRela ride is on us! Make sure you’re around the area when booking through the Grab app and have placed “Centrio Mall” as the pick-up and drop-off points.
Don’t forget to share your experience with the hashtag #GrabRela on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram!