We are pleased to tell you that our GrabCar rides in Penang, Johor Bahru, Melaka and Kota Kinabalu will now be cheaper !
Check how much lower your GrabCar fares will be:
Note: Fares are for illustration purposes only and subject to change based on demand and supply.
So what are you waiting for? Book a GrabCar with a lower fare today!
We know you’re going to enjoy our cheaper GrabCar rides. But you may notice fares to the same locations will not be the same every time you book. Don’t worry! Your GrabCar fare is still lower than before. It’s just our new pricing structure incorporating time and distance. Here is how it works:
Terms and Conditions:
- Fare change is applicable from 18th April till further notice
- Base fare of RM 1 still applies to all these cities
- Toll charges are not included in all fixed fares shown in the app and will be charged separately to the passenger
- A surcharge of RM9 will be applied to bookings between Penang Island and Butterworth
- A surcharge of RM2 will be applied for bookings from 0000 to 0700 in Penang, Johor Bahru, Melaka and Kota Kinabalu
- A minimum fare of RM3 will be applied for bookings in Penang and Melaka, RM2 for Kota Kinabalu
- Valid for unlimited number of rides and no promo code is required
What is this campaign about?
We have revised our fares in Penang, Johor Bahru, Melaka and Kota Kinabalu incorporating time and distance. With the revision, your fares will be up to 15% lower. Following are our charges per minute and per km:
|Per KM||RM 0.65||RM 0.70||RM 0.60||RM 0.60|
|Per Minute||RM 0.15||RM 0.15||RM 0.20||RM 0.20|
How do I benefit from this fare drop?
With up to 15% drop in fares, your rides will be more affordable than before!
When does this promo end?
This is not a promotion. We have revised our fares in Penang, Johor Bahru, Melaka and Kota Kinabalu incorporating time and distance and you will now enjoy cheaper fares with Grab!
Do I need a promo code?
As this is a price drop, you do not need to apply a promo code to enjoy the lower fares.
Can I enjoy this new fares in Penang/JB/Melaka/KK?
Yes, the price change applies to Penang , Johor Bahru, Melaka, Kota Kinabalu.
Why does my fare differ throughout the day although the destination remains the same?
As our fares now incorporates travel time, fares will vary depending on the traffic condition. However, our upfront fare remains and the fare you see when you book your ride is the fare you will pay (excluding toll fares).
I usually travel from Butterworth to Penang Island, how will my fare be charged?
For rides to / from Butterworth, a surcharge of RM9 will be applied at the end of the trip by the driver.
Will there be any surcharges if I am travelling within Butterworth?
If you travel within Butterworth, the surcharge does not apply.
General Terms & Limitation of Liability:
Grab reserves the sole and absolute right to withdraw, amend and/or alter any part of the whole terms and conditions in relation to this at any time without giving any prior notice to the Customers and the Customers agree to be bound by those changes.
- Grab’s decisions in any matter in relations to this shall be final and conclusive.
- Grab shall not be liable for any claims by the Customers or third-party claims or loses of any nature, including but not limited to, loss of profits, punitive, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages or for other damages and any related claims of any nature, including direct, indirect, third-part, consequential or other damages resulting from or in connection with this Campaign.
Like Grab? You can help us by telling us how much you love us on FB/Twitter/Instagram and refer our services to your friends.