The Fine Print
Please remember to read all the fine print to ensure that you qualify for the Time Booster. All terms of The Driver Terms and Conditions shall apply.
- From 3 December 2018, this new earnings structure is for all GrabCar Driver-partners in Penang both full-time and part-time.
- By default, all newly registered Driver-Partners post 3 December 2018 shall be charged a commission rate of 25%. However, in the event the Driver-Partner chooses to enable Auto Accept, the commissions charged shall be 20% rate.
- Maintain an average Driver Rating (“DR”) of 4.5 and above (effective 20 November 2017) to stay on the Grab platform.
- A minimum Acceptance Rate (“AR”) of 30% is required for all Driver-Partners to maintain an active Grab account.
- Any requests of cancellation from a passenger will not be included directly within your cancellation rate. However, excessive numbers of complaints will be strictly monitored and taken seriously, and may affect your earnings.
- Requirements to be eligible for Time Booster incentives are:
- Payout will be calculated upfront based on system estimated trip time and the trip’s nett fare. The estimated trip time will be calculated upfront based on past traffic conditions. This might be different from the actual driving minute (based on Waze/ Google) because of unexpected traffic or a different proposed route from Grab’s system navigation.
- If your nett fare per driving minute collected for a total trips completed trip is higher than the time booster amount gross guaranteed earnings for the hour, you will not be given a further top-up – you will earn the collected fare as per usual. Grab will only reimburse the difference if your collected nett fare is lower than the time booster amount gross guaranteed earnings for the hour.
- Only incentive amounts equal to or above RM0.50 will be paid out for each eligible ride.
- Only Auto Accept completed rides will be taken into account for higher Time Booster amount.
- Advanced bookings are not applicable for Time Booster Incentives
- Time Booster incentives are NOT applicable for JustGrab GrabTaxi and GrabTaxi bookings.
- The payout shown in the job card or in-transit screen is final and not subject to adjustments due to traffic.
- For other incentives, please refer to the in-app incentive section for the eligibility requirements. The requirements may vary according to different incentive schemes.
- Earned incentives and promos will be topped up into your cash wallet. The Driver-Partner are required to press the ‘Cash Out’ button; your money will be credited into your bank account within the same day. If you don’t, the money will remain in your cash wallet.
- In the event where possible fraudulent bookings or unethical or unacceptable behaviours are found (e.g. Driver-partner excessively requesting for passenger to cancel on their behalf), an internal investigation will be conducted by Grab. Driver-partners may or may not qualify for earnings payout, depending on the findings of the investigation. All decisions as a result of the investigation are final and binding.
- This earning structure is applicable for GrabCar (Economy), GrabCar Plus and GrabCar 6-seater as per the week communicated. Any previous earning structure shall not be applicable.
- All decisions made by Grab are final and binding. Grab shall not entertain any requests or appeals by Driver-Partners.
Note: We are increasingly aware of many third-party companies that want to advertise on your cars and in your cars, which affects the Grab passenger experience. In accordance with our Terms and Conditions, we strongly advise you against signing up with these third-party companies that have not been approved by Grab. We at Grab are working continuously to bring you more opportunities and collaborations with our approved partners. Please stay tuned for updates from us soon!