There’s now an exciting way to travel. Ride through town with GrabWheels eScooters!
Download our new GrabWheels app from the App Store or Google Play
Log in with your Grab ID and set up your OVO account.
Use the in-app map to find nearby eScooters
Simply scan to unlock eScooters
After your ride, end your trip at a GrabWheels parking spot.
What is GrabWheels?
GrabWheels is an app that gives you access to personal mobility devices (eScooters) in Indonesia. Use GrabWheels to complete your commute to work, university, to the shop or just to feel a little breeze.
How do I unlock an eScooter?
Found a scooter? Start riding in 4 steps.
1. Open the GrabWheels app
2. Tap on the scooter from the app to check its battery level
3. Scan the QR code on the right side of the scooter handlebar
4. Enjoy your scooter ride!
Tip: Ensure your mobile data and Bluetooth are both turned on throughout the ride.
How much does it cost to ride on GrabWheels’ eScooters?
During Beta, all rides will be free.
What are GrabWheels operating hours?
At beta, we will be operational from 10am to 8pm daily. Last rental at 7.30pm.
Police report will be made if you do not return the scooters at a designated GrabWheels parking spot within the day.
Where can I find the eScooters?
To locate the nearest available scooter, launch the GrabWheels app to view the map.
Currently, you can find GrabWheels scooters at Green Office Park (BSD City). GrabWheels will roll-out progressively to more locations across the country
Anything I should do before riding?
* Battery level
– Tap on the scooter from the app to check its battery level
Before riding, do a quick check of the following (it’ll take less than a minute):
– Test the brakes by pressing the red button
– Check that the kickstand is disengaged before moving off
– Check that there is nobody close to you before moving off
How do I ride a scooter?
Riding is simple, and it’s easy too if you’ve used a kick scooter or bicycle before. Step-by-step instructions are below, but if you’re new to electric scooters, err on the side of caution while riding!
1. Accelerate by kicking once and pressing the right green button
2. Slow down or stop by pressing the foot brake or the left red button
3. Ring the bell if necessary to alert pedestrians
4. Always stop and look out for vehicles at road junctions, and give way to pedestrians at all times
How long can i rent a GrabWheels eScooter for?
Maximum rental time is 30 minutes, or when your scooter is low on battery (<15%), whichever is sooner. Remember to park and lock the scooter properly.
Where should I park the scooter after my ride?
Park your scooter only at a designated GrabWheels parking spot. They are marked by the P icon on the map in the app. If the nearest GrabWheels parking spot is full, refer to the map on your app to locate another one near you.
How do I finish the trip?
Here’s how to complete the GrabWheels trip:
1. Position and park the scooter in the GrabWheels special parking lot
2. Scan the QR code available in the parking lot
3. Press End Trip in the application