Grab is Awarded Ride-Hailing Industry’s First ISO Certification
Grab, the leading ride-hailing platform in Southeast Asia, has been awarded the ISO 9001:2015 certification, becoming the first in the ride-hailing industry worldwide to be recognized for its strong internal governance and quality management standards.
- Grab recognized for strong internal governance and quality management standards
- Grab sets best practice processes in service, safety and driver screening for nascent ride-hailing industry
INDONESIA, 3 November 2016 – Grab, the leading ride-hailing platform in Southeast Asia, has been awarded the ISO 9001:2015 certification, becoming the first in the ride-hailing industry worldwide to be recognized for its strong internal governance and quality management standards. Grab continues to set best-in-class standards for the nascent industry, with operational processes that are as or more stringent than traditional taxi and public transport operators.
To receive the certification, Grab went through a rigorous process and satisfied a demanding list of requirements set by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO). Applicable across all six markets that Grab operates in – Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam – the certification validates Grab’s quality management systems, such as the handling of passenger enquiries, driver screening and onboarding processes, internal governance, as well as products and service offerings.
“Disruptive services like ride-hailing have been transformative for Southeast Asian cities, creating more jobs and providing safer transport options. Grab services are viewed as a long-term solution to improve public transport in Southeast Asia. I’m proud that Grab is setting the best practice processes, while new guidelines are being established for the relatively new ride-hailing industry. The ISO 9001:2015 certification affirms that Grab is the most trusted transport partner for governments, businesses and consumers,” said Anthony Tan, Group CEO and Co-founder of Grab.
Ridzki Kramadibrata, Managing Director for Grab Indonesia further added that in Indonesia, the ISO certification is especially applicable for GrabTaxi service. “Though for the time being, this certification is only applicable for our GrabTaxi service, ISO 9001:2015 is now the safety and quality standard that we strictly bring to all of our verticals across Southeast Asia, especially Indonesia as our biggest market. Thus, passengers in Indonesia can rest assured that Grab is a trusted service and will continuously improving all of our verticals to achieve our goal,” explained Ridzki.
Grab sets best practice processes in service, safety and driver screening for nascent ride-hailing industry
With the ISO 9001:2015 certification, Grab’s passengers, driver-partners and stakeholders can expect:
- Ensuring Quality Drivers: Grab’s driver-partner monitoring process has always been rigorous. With ISO requirements, passengers can have even more assurance that only quality drivers are retained on Grab’s platform. The screening, monitoring and actions taken on the code of conduct for driver-partners will also be kept fair and just, systematic and consistent for all. Safety incidents will also be reported on a regional level and investigated with root cause analysis and corrective actions.
- More Avenues for Feedback: Passengers and drivers have always been able to provide feedback via a range of channels be it in-app or through Grab’s customer service hotline and local support centers. With ISO certification, Grab has introduced a Customer Satisfaction Survey for corporate customers.
- Maintaining High and Consistent Service Standards: Grab has all core business processes documented and standard operating procedures registered in accordance with ISO’s guidelines. This ensures the consistency of our operations across all services, be it taxis, cars, bike or delivery.
- Stronger Privacy Protocols: With ISO 9001:2015 certification, ISO certification body has approved and will continue to audit Grab’s handling of personal information of passengers and driver-partners. This provides an added guarantee that the privacy of all passengers and driver-partners is protected at all times.
- Greater transparency and improved traceability: Companies certified by ISO 9001:2015 are required to document any changes to operational processes on a shared portal and with proper version controls. This ensures transparency, traceability, and knowledge sharing, making work processes more systematic and efficient.
- Pushing the Boundaries of Road Safety in Thailand: While backseat seatbelts are not mandatory in Thailand but recommended by the assessment body, Grab Thailand raised the bar by making backseat passenger seatbelt a mandatory feature in new vehicles. Passenger can now enjoy safer travel and greater peace of mind when riding in a Grab vehicle.
The ISO 9001:2015 certification is the latest version of the world’s leading quality management standard and helps businesses and organizations work more efficiently and improve customer satisfaction. Grab was awarded the ISO 9001:2015 certification following a comprehensive audit of the company’s internal processes by Lloyd’s Register Quality Assurance.
Grab is Southeast Asia’s leading ride-hailing platform. Grab solves critical transportation challenges to make transport freedom a reality for 620 million people in Southeast Asia. Grab’s core product platform includes private cars, motorbikes and taxi-hailing. Grab is focused on pioneering new commuting alternatives for drivers and passengers with an emphasis on convenience, safety and reliability. As part of its innovative culture, Grab is testing new services such as social carpooling, as well as last mile and food deliveries. Grab currently offers services in Singapore, Indonesia, Philippines, Malaysia, Thailand and Vietnam. For more information, please visit: http://www.grab.com.
Media InquiriesContact the Grab media team
Follow us on Grab social channels
Grab StoriesExplore the ideas and people that define Grab
Engineering StoriesLearn more about our technology development
Grab Beta Launches GrabRewards to Make Rides Even More Rewarding
Grab today unveiled GrabRewards, Southeast Asia’s first regional loyalty programme for ride-hailing passengers, capping off a successful year for Southeast Asia’s leading ride-hailing company.
Grab Launches In-app Instant Messaging Service GrabChat for Ride-hailing across Southeast Asia
Grab today announced the availability of GrabChat, an instant messaging platform built within the app, across all its locations in Southeast Asia to provide a more seamless and speedier pickup to drivers and passengers.